As promised, this post will focus on pumpkin - the dessert part! But first, I want to include a picture of the Pumpkin Chili that was featured on the last post.
|A crockpot full!|
Now, on to dessert.
|Pumpkin Pie Dump Cake!|
PUMPKIN PIE DUMP CAKE
1 can (15-oz.) canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 can (12-oz.) evaporated milk (I used fat free)
3 large eggs
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 box Spice Cake Mix
1 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar and cinnamon until well-combined. It will be very thin. Pour it into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix on top of pumpkin mixture. Drizzle the melted butter evenly over the top.
- Bake for about 55-60 minutes.
- Let it cool for at least 30 minutes before serving. Leftovers should be refrigerated.
Wouldn't this be delicious with whipped cream topping?
I didn't do this, but it would really be tasty to sprinkle some walnuts over the top of the cake mix before drizzling with the melted butter.
There were some other pumpkin-related desserts - Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Brownies and Pumpkin Gingersnap Cookies. Munchomom.com has featured these recipes on her blog, so I will refer you to that site, if you are interested in recipes. I have a couple of pictures below.
|Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Brownies|
|Pumpkin Gingersnap Cookies|
Thank you for reading. I really appreciate your comments.