|Ready to go into the oven.|
|Baked, cooled, and turned out on a Susan Branch cake plate!|
|The slice The Husband said he wanted. (He had seconds.):-)|
This recipe is from a newspaper clipping of a number of years ago.
PEACH POUND CAKE
1 cup butter, softened
3 cups sugar
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sour cream
2 cups peeled, chopped fresh peaches
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan; set aside.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, soda, and salt in separate bowl. Combine sour cream and peaches.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture alternately with sour cream and peaches, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Beat well after each addition. Stir in vanilla and almond extracts. Turn batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until cake tests done. Cool in pan on rack 10 minutes; turn out of pan onto a cooling rack.
It was good to see that this cake met The Husband's approval!:-) It will be around awhile, though. I will store part of it in the freezer for another time.
This was a record-breaking day here as far as temperature goes. Our high reached 101 degrees F., the highest temperature ever recorded for this day. Also, today was the hottest day we have had since August of 2007! I know some of you are having these high temperatures, too, and I hope you are taking special care to stay as cool as you can and to keep yourselves hydrated.
Our Senior Chorus journeyed to a nearby town today for our last performance for awhile. We have the month of July off and will begin rehearsals in August for our next program. Today's performance was well-received, and that is always encouraging.
Next post - More on peaches....
Thank you for following along. I really appreciate your comments.