Thursday, January 19, 2017

Still cooking....

Although I am not present on Blogger as I once was, I am still busy with cooking.

This was a Christmas gift from a very special friend, so it just made sense that I try something from it.



Saucepan Brownies!! I didn't even have to turn on the oven!

2 2/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (this is more than a 12-oz. bag, so be sure to have more on  
                                                                hand)
1 cup evaporated milk (or half-and-half cream)
3 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers (about 96 - 11 ounce box)
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup confectioner's sugar
1/2 t. salt

Additional evaporated milk - 2 teaspoons

Heat chocolate chips and first amount of evaporated milk in saucepan on medium-low, stirring often,  until chocolate is almost melted.  Remove from heat.  Stir until smooth.  Reserve 1/2 cup in small bowl.

Add next 5 ingredients to saucepan.  Mix well.  Press firmly into greased 9 x 9 inch pan.

Stir second amount of evaporated milk into reserved chocolate mixture.  Spread evenly over brownie layer.  Chill  until set. Cuts into 36 squares.

Warning!!  These are addictive!!



12 comments:

  1. Nellie, I bet your husband has a chocolate mustache a lot. LOL That dish looks very tempting. Hope you are all doing well there. We have had a crazy winter season so far. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Sister, you've been gone for quite awhile, and this is a great way to make a smashing return! You know I'm going to have to try these soon. Have a thoroughly thrilling Thursday! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nellie, no bake brownies? These look amazing! Do you think since we just returned from our walk that I could have one? I have some left over half and half in the fridge that I could use making these. Thanks for a wonderful recipe! xo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to see you, dear one.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow no bake brownies. Can't beat that!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yummy! What a nice book to get. Nice to see you Nellie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a good book. Wish I had opened this blog before I made brownies for tomorrow! Those sound almost like a candy bar, Nellie. They DO sound addictive and it is really nice to see a post from you here. Hope you are having a great weekend- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm already heavily addicted to sugar and chocolate. This looks like a sugar junky heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Your saucepan brownies look delicious! Thanks for sharing, Nellie. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nellie, I have been missing you . Hope you are all well there. Blessings to you dear friend, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Nellie

    Hope all is well and that you've had a good winter. I can't believe it will soon be St Patrick's Day! These no cook brownies sound fabulous..thank you for the recipe!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete