Wednesday, October 18, 2017

By request....

Some of you have wondered if I am still around.๐Ÿ˜ŠOh, yes! I'm still here.

Then, there are those of you who have wondered if I am ever going to refresh this page.๐Ÿ˜‰Well, you will now have a different page to pop up on your computer!๐Ÿ˜„

There have been many happenings that have kept us busy since I last posted.  There is one, however, that I'd like to mention at this point.

Have you heard of this book?  Or perhaps you may have heard of this effort.  I first heard of the book at the first of the summer, and it was several weeks before I was able to carve out time to read it. 

The Turquoise Table movement is all about extending hospitality and creating community, and that just fits in perfectly with what we feel is our purpose here.  So - we have launched a new initiative in our neighborhood!

First, however, one must have the proper setting!

It started out like this, but became this....


Our first Turquoise Table event was for blueberry pie and ice cream!


Thus begins our effort to become "front yard people" again!

Do you know your neighbors?

12 comments:

  1. We don't have neighbors on three sides of us but we have them down our cul-de-sac lane and we know most of them. Some of them are summer residents only.
    I love that idea though, Nellie. Happy Wednesday to you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nellie, I have been wondering about you. So glad all is well. I absolutely love this idea. I love seeing people outdoors in their yards. I love front porches. I remember walking down the street and people yelling hello ,or how are you ,many years ago. Hope this is a wonderful success. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your turquoise table. I know some of my neighbors. A number of the houses are rentals, so some people don't stay very long.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear all is well by you Nellie. What an intriguing idea. Thanks for sharing...Love the table, the yummys and the concept!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, hello, Sister! Great to see you back on this blog! You have told me about the turquoise table events you've held, and I think it's a wonderful idea, with some of your luscious treats always around! As for knowing my neighbors, it's a bit strange....we often wave and say "hi" in passing, but I know the name of only one neighbor, and only a first name at that. I really need to make a greater effort, and maybe we'll be able to do that now that the weather is a bit cooler. Keep up your good work! Hope your Wednesday has been good, and that your Thursday will be even better. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely!
    We have a Neighborhood Social Group with couples co-hosting events every other month. Oscar parties, bowling, paddle ball, a fiesta, and more shenanigans including a scavenger hunt. We are blessed!
    Thanks for sharing about the joy that comes from hospitality! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's very hard to get to know your neighbours when three properties are empty ~ but the ones that are occupied are lovely people, some of whom I've known for years, but I could see this being great where there is a high neighbourhood turnover, help people to get to know each other quickly!
    ~~~Deb in Wales xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. No never heard of the book.
    Yes, I do know all my neighbors and even the neighbors up at the new house we will be moving to.
    Nice to see you back with a post. : )
    Glad all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea, Nellie! I know the neighbors around us and wish we all had front porches like years ago, sidewalks would be nice too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely idea. I now want to read the book, and see where it leads.

    We do know a few of our neighbors quite well, but not all of them.

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete