Monday, March 1, 2021

A new month....

 Rabbit, rabbit!  A new month!  Is March coming in like a lamb or a lion where you are?  May the month ahead be filled with all good things for you!

I have read that this is National Nutrition Month!  It is always a good time to take inventory of our eating habits, just to be sure we are receiving the nutrition we need.  A good rule to follow is to “eat the rainbow!”  How colorful are your choices when you plan your meals?

This has green and yellow covered nicely.  These veggies are prepared for roasting.  This was a generous amount, and there are leftovers to enrich our meals for a couple of days.  I used what was on hand and really wish I had been able to add some purple onion and some cherry tomatoes!  Now, thinking of other colorful foods to add to the shopping list!

Sending wishes for good health to you!  Take care, be safe, and stay well!


8 comments:

  1. Good afternoon, Sister, and Happy March! I can think of lots of brown that's good.....chocolate, for example! Oh, and I love turnip greens, broccoli, Brussels sprouts. and cauliflower, too, but that's just more green and white. Let me put on my thinking cap, and I'll see what's left besides carrots! LOL Have a great afternoon. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a tasty combo to me! I've never heard "eat the rainbow." Sounds like good advise! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo, that looks good...and healthy too. My Dad grew squash in his garden, and my Mom would cook it that night for supper. That is a good comparison about the foods we eat and a rainbow. Makes sense, doesn't it? Although, I don't think I get enough Purple. ; )

    Happy March days to you, Nelli. Did I ever tell you that's what we call my daughter? Sometimes Nel and sometimes Nelli. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love roasted veggies and I especially love roasted sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, green and red peppers, broccoli, zucchinis, baby buttercup squash, carrots, onions, garlics, with olive oil wrapped in tinfoil, on the Bar-B-Q.

    Happy month of March, Nellie.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. March came in like the meekest, most gentle of lambs, so we know the lion will roar in about four weeks! I think my plates are usually full of colour and variety, but occasionally a bland, all cream one shows up. I favour a Mediterranean diet, but do love heartier, root vegetables in Winter.
    Hugs from Wales, Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. March has arrived as a cold lamb. :) Lots of sunshine but only 16 degrees this morning.
    Love roasted vegetables - any kind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely squash you have there ready for roasting, Nellie. I roasted cauliflower, onions, and red peppers today to accompany our chicken. March made her entrance with torrents of rain, Nellie. The afternoon gave way to cloudy skies. Happy March, my friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh...your veggies look SO good! I love to roast butternut squash with chicken or fish, then have the leftover squash on salad with pears, cranberries, and pecans. Trying VERY hard to eat healthy - after my dear husband's heart attack last year ( when his cholesterol was good...never expected an attack!) we started eating even more healthy than ever...that and meds have his numbers VERY low. So...we are committed to healthy eating! Take care and enjoy the month of March!

    ReplyDelete