Friday, July 14, 2017

The next best thing....

....well, perhaps it's the next best thing.😊 When one is miles and miles away from the coast where lobster is a feature of summer, that 20-minute drive to Red Lobster just has to substitute.

Lobster Tacos will work - at least for now.

On Twitter, there is a book club - #HappyReadingBC - and we recently read Marcia Ferguson's book.

Of course, our meeting/discussion was not complete without Bronwyn's Hot Fudge Sauce on top of ice cream, then whipped cream, and a maraschino cherry! A true summer treat!

The best thing about this is that there were leftovers for future enjoyment!

I recently attended a baby shower, the first one in many years.  You will be able to determine what the gender is by the following pictures....







Yes!  A little girl is expected!  Everything was pink, pink, pink - quite a familiar hue as we reared three daughters!

We had a lovely time as guests of neighbors recently.  They had even planned entertainment!

All the guests participated in playing these lovely colored bells by watching for our corresponding color to appear on the cards that were displayed by the person directing the activity!  First time for me to have this experience, and I truly enjoyed it.

There was heavy fog one recent morning, and the spruce appears to be trimmed in lace.



Now, in closing, I'm trying an experiment and hope you will be able to hear the accordion music that was part of our afternoon with neighbors.



Sending you wishes for a good week-end!  It is truly summertime here, so we're staying cool!










16 comments:

  1. I've tried myself to activate that video, with no luck. Perhaps it will work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried the video and couldn't get it to work, but I imagine you enjoyed it. The baby shower looks like fun. Such pretty goodies to enjoy.
    I need to read North, I've seen you all having fun on Twitter with the book club. I'm not on there much. I'm trying to limit social media.
    Stay cool, my friend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nellie, Red lobster works for Ted and I...it's like a mini vacation to go there, and have seafood together. I love that bell game. I think it could be such fun. I am going to a baby shower this Sunday...it's my step granddaughter's. It will be great fun. We know it's a boy, Leo. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sister, you are always busy with fun and interesting activities, and I just get worn out watching all of this! LOL The video wouldn't work for me either, but I'm sure the music was most enjoyable. You may recall that your brother-in-law used to play the accordion, but he hasn't tried it since his stroke because one hand is weak. We do enjoy the folks who play that instrument on the Lawrence Welk Show. Lots of talent on those shows! I hope that baby Rachel will be healthy and happy, with no serious challenges for the parents. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Nellie! I'm in on the book club next month. I read Marcia's book a while back and just started revisiting it as a result of the book club.
    I've never had fish tacos of any sort, but lobster sounds grand indeed.
    ~~~Waving~~~Deb in Wales xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Favorite Young Man and I like Red Lobster. I think the last baby shower I attended was given in honor of my daughter in 1986. She's been grown and gone for quite some time.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy going to Red Lobster.
    What an adorable cake that is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't get my sound to work but the video played so it works! Fun baby shower-love the cupcakes. I love Red Lobster and it has been on my mind for about two weeks now. John can't really eat anything so it is hard to go out to eat anywhere now.
    Hope you have a great weekend- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been so busy. I like seeing your Instagram. I can keep up that way. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I couldn't get that video to play, Nellie. Those "pieces of fog" on your trees is might strange.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Red Lobster works here too as we're nowhere near the ocean. The baby shower sounds like fun, it has been years since I've been to one also. The book sounds interesting and I sent a sample to my Kindle. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I went to a baby shower this past weekend. First time for me in years, and I just saw where another blogger friend went to one. Cute decorations.
    I used to always say let's go to Red Lobster so I can feel like I'm on vacation. No ocean near us. But I did make fish tacos the other day!
    Have a great day.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd LOVE to try a lobster taco.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Nellie! I'm in on the book club next month. I read Marcia's book a while back and just started revisiting it as a result of the book club.


    เย็ดสาว

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Really great effort. Everyone must read this article. Thanks for sharing. bloom tattoos

    ReplyDelete