Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Today is....

....National Earmuff Day!

Do you remember wearing earmuffs when you were a child?  I didn't ever have any, that I recall.  However, a few years ago, The Husband brought these in for me.  We seem to need them at this stage of our lives!

I'm remembering this date in 1993.  We were in the midst of a huge snowfall - 18 inches total when all was said and done!  That was a record snowfall total for this area!

No chance of snow here today, however.  We currently show 55 degrees where we are!

Happy Hump Day!  The week is moving right along!

6 comments:

  1. There was always a pair in the mitten drawer but I never wore them.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never wore earmuffs, as I recall, but my favorite coat had a hood that I adored! Sister, we were in Chattanooga when that huge snowfall came, and our daughter, who had always wanted snow, was in Cancun with her brother and grandfather! She was so upset when she returnd and found just a few clumps of the white stuff remaining! No chance of that here today, either, with sunshine and temps in the low 70s! This week, that same daughter is enjoying St. Paul, MN, and she DOES have snow! Stay warm...Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your weather sounds like ours today. We had snow like 22 years ago. I like those ear muffs though. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never had any either, but I remember those very thin wispy scarves women used to wear to keep their hair from being flattened. Mom made me wear one on windy days! They never kept your head warm at all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today was in the fifties here, and so lovely! Those muffs look like 180s - I love mine, and have two pair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had earmuffs when I was very young. I got a high tech version of earmuffs for my daughter when she was in college.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete