Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Today....

....is my sister's birthday!  Happy Birthday to you!

It is also the first day of a new month - April!  Rabbit, rabbit to you!

It is also Day #20 here for our self-imposed isolation.  We continue to have grocery delivery via Instacart, and we've been out five times to pick up something at curbside.

It is also a day I was to have lunch at Panera with a longtime friend.  We'll make up for this one day!

In lieu of that lunch, I made it to the kitchen for some cooking.

Shepherd's Pie!

I am imagining each one of you joining me! 

Take care!  Be safe!  Stay well!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Nellie, Happy Birthday to your sister. Everyone here is well too and even though I haven't counted the days I've been inside, it's been a long time but I really don't mind as I love being home. I have a lot of food in my pantry and freezer. I know some are not so well prepared and live from paycheque to paycheque.
    The Shepherd pie looks good.
    Stay well and safe.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I ate meat I loved Shepherd's Pie. Rich, filling, warming comfort food at it's finest. Happy Birthday to your sister, and look forward to seeing your friend soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Sister, for your birthday wishes! So far, it's been a good day. Weather is perfect, and local family came to visit on my patio while they stayed on the sidewalk. I'll be so glad when all this is over, as I'm sure we all will be! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I DO love Shepherd's Pie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Glenda. : )

    I miss going out to eat once in awhile with friends too.
    Glad all is well with you. Have a happy healthy day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you are doing well during these trying times, Nellie. I love Shepherd's Pie and yours looks delicious. Much love to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, a late Happy Birthday to your dear sister !
    I'm a Shepherd's Pie lover of old, it was the first dish we were allowed to make in cookery class back in school.
    After all these years, still a family favorite ….
    Hope you are keeping well, times are surreal.
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete