Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Books and puzzles….

 I gave myself the month of August off from the jigsaw puzzles.  Instead, I concentrated on books.  

Do any of these seem interesting to you?  The Nightingale was the choice for my Twitter Book Club.  It is historical fiction about the German occupation of France during WW 2.  I had already bought the others not checking closely to see what period they represented.  Ironically, they are set in the same time period!  What a troubling time!  

On September 1, I began a new puzzle.  This one moved considerably more quickly than the last one.


Isn’t this sweet?  I plan to keep this one intact, and I think I have the perfect spot to display it.

This month, I have begun reading from this collection….

Persuasion is the Book Club selection for this month.  I have never read much of Jane Austen’s writing, though I have seen movies based on her novels.  This should be a good break from the serious theme from the previous month’s reading.

Also, deciding which of these puzzles to tackle next….


Someone remarked that a puzzle with fewer than 1,000 pieces didn’t present much of a challenge.  I have one of those waiting.  Thinking I’ll do something simpler first.  It’s time for a break from challenges.😂

Be safe, and stay well!



5 comments:

  1. Do the Charles Wysocki, although Marjolein Bastin is good too. Good to see the HRBC is still going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, Sister, about avoiding unnecessary challenges. During these uncertain times, we have enough stress just deciding what to have for dinner! I think I like that 500-piece puzzle, but not as well as the kitty you've finished. I'm glad that one didn't give you problems, as cats are known to have their own agenda. Whichever you choose, I'm sure you'll enjoy the excitement of finishing it. As for your books, I'm not familiar with any of them, but it does sound better than dealing with a war era. Enjoy your "entertainment!" Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got some books that I purchased and never got the time to read. Maybe this winter. I prefer reading about the lives of the saints. These are so interesting. I have so many interests and hobbies and I want to do them all but that is impossible.lol.

    I'm with Glenda. I love the 500-piece puzzle with all the buildings. I have one that is similar and I enjoyed putting it together last year. You can always do both. Work on the puzzle when you feel like it and read when you feel like it.

    My sister in-law and her husband love to work on puzzles and he made a top for the table with hinges that she can close when she is not working on the puzzle and she uses the top do work on other projects.

    Take care,
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read all of Jane Austen over the years!
    Cute puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have two of Marjolein Bastin's puzzles. One was 700(?) pieces and took me forever!!! I love her calendars, too!

    I have not had any time to read at all lately and I do miss it. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete