Monday, May 23, 2022

“If you can dream it….

 …you can make it so.” Belva Davis, journalist.

What about you?  Do you have a dream (or dreams) in your life?  Are you inching toward making that dream happen?

A longtime dream of mine actually came true recently when I boarded the Queen Mary 2 to sail from New York City to Southampton UK on May 1!

From this…


…arrival at Brooklyn Cruise Terminal…through checking in…



Finally I reached the hallway for boarding!  Upon reaching the ship, this is what greeted me at the entry…


Thus began seven days of life on board the Queen Mary 2!  As we began sailing, I had my first ever view of this…

On Sunday morning, May 8, this was the view…
Southampton UK!  Ready to begin an England and Ireland adventure!  

I have material for lots and lots of blog posts.  The challenge is just taking time to do them!  

Wishing you joy in this day!


5 comments:

  1. I wa six…dream to teach…graduated first degree age 46…next degree 59…taught from 1994 to 2013…then subbed…now tutor and teach grands age 74…

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you, Nellie! A dream come true, indeed! That is how I felt when my hubby and I took a month-long trip to England a few years ago, not on the ship. Still, something deep on the inside of me felt fulfilled from that trip and the one we took to Oxford a year later! I look forward to any posts you care to share about your wonderful trip. I would have loved that QMII trip with Susan; I'm so pleased you and the others could join her. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful trip, Nellie. Wow, seven days on the Queen Mary 2. You know, me and the girls had a tea brunch on the Queen Mary many years ago in So Cal. Looking forward to seeing all those pictures on your trip. What fun!

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Looking forward to your posting of the pictures.
    I've been up in the Statue of Liberty quite a few times growing up.
    Many years ago you could to up into the torch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Sister! I so enjoyed "traveling" with you as you took your trip of a lifetime. As you know, I enjoyed a different kind of cruise several years ago, with no particular destination in mind. It was a gift for my husband and me as we observed our 45th anniversary, and it was great fun! So glad you had this opportunity, and hope you'll take advantage of other opportunities as they come along. Love you!

    ReplyDelete