Monday, May 1, 2023

Reminiscing…

 Rabbit, rabbit….and welcome to May!  

It was just a year ago today that I embarked on a journey I hadn’t even dared dream would happen!

The pictures just won’t transfer to this post in the order I wish!  Anyway, this is what I saw on my arrival at the Brooklyn Terminal before going through the check-in process to board the Queen Mary 2.  
These are the bags that went with me…everything I would need for almost three weeks!

Once again, the pictures didn’t load in the order I wished.  This picture in the middle shows the walkway to the escalator after I finished the checking in process.  Once up the escalator, there was another long walk until I reached the entry to the ship, greeted on either side of the doorway by these welcoming crew members.

They were waiting to be of assistance in whatever way was needed.  

As the ship began to sail from the harbor, the Statue of Liberty was visible.  We are on our way to Southampton UK!
This was the welcoming floral arrangement on the main level of the ship.
This was my first view of my stateroom for the crossing.  It was a very comfortable space. 

This was my first time to travel to another country, and it was an amazing experience!  I’d love to do it again!  Have any of you sailed across the ocean?  



6 comments:

  1. I have never sailed across an ocean, and you sailed in great style. I have visited many countries but by airplane. Your sailing adventure sounds first class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Sister! You had one grand adventure, and I'm so glad you were able to make such a wonderful trip! I've sailed once, but not across a vast ocean to another country. Mine was mere folly compared to your cruise, but I did enjoy it! We were on the Carnival Elation, sailing in the Caribbean with my children, their spouses, and my grandsons. It was my first time to experience a sinful dessert called Hot Chocolate Lava Cake, and OH, MY!!! But I digress..... Thank you for sharing a bit of your marvelous cruise with us. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a dream come true. I'm so pleased for you that you were able to make this adventure happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a memorable trip you had to the UK, Nellie. I don't like to travel much, but just got back from So Cal, and all the flight stuff you talked about is very familiar to me haha. The floral arrangement on the ship is delightful and welcoming. You will always have this trip and look back on it fondly.

    Have a happy May week, Nellie.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nellie, I'm so glad you got to go to England and on the QM2 no less, being with Susan and friends. My husband and I flew to England in 2018 for her picnic in the Lake District. It was our first time, and probably last time, to visit England. Wonderful memories, except for the cancelled flights coming and going! Taking a slow boat to England sounds like a much better way to go.❤️

    On a side note, I have the same problem with Blogger keeping the photos in order. The only way I've found to get around it is to load them one at a time. I also discovered I can drag and drop photos from my photo library which eliminates several steps when using Blogger's usual way of uploading photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing your memories of a wonderful trip. SO glad you got to experience that. Would love to do that crossing...a little worried about rough seas. Did you have any issues. Just returned in April from a cruise on the Mediterranean and Adriatic and one night was really rough....Enjoy the rest of May!

    ReplyDelete