Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August - already....

Here we are on the first day of August already!  It seems as though July just began, and here we are ready to turn the calendar over to another page!

There was a time when I was  rather regular in purchasing Longaberger products.  I may still purchase something on occasion, but not like before.  One thing that Longaberger would offer in July would be Horizon of Hope products.  From the sale of these, a percentage would be donated by Longaberger to the fight against breast cancer. 

Here are some of the items.

Can you see the word "Hope" on the lid?  I love the scarf!

The word "Hope" is engraved on the tie-on.

This is used every day in our bathroom.

I set out many of these things during the month of August.  Also, some are arranged as a centerpiece on the dining room table.  I just realized I neglected to take a picture of that!:-(

Most of us know someone who has been touched by breast cancer.  I think it is a really good thing that Longaberger does with a percentage of their profit from sales of these special products.  Plus, I have some lovely things that I enjoy using in my home!

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.  Another post is coming!:-)

7 comments:

  1. I have a niece who is in remission from breast cancer.

    Your Longaberger baskets are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved the Longberger basket line, and own a few myself..
    Yours are just lovely, and what better than to serve such a worthy cause.
    Your pink depression dishes made me drool :)
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. A too have Longaberger baskets. My cousin sells them so I always know about all the sales.
    They are beautiful and very well made but so expensive!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Nellie.. Yes, we've all had someone we know & love be effected by Breast Cancer..every little bit helps, so yeah to Longaberger for those donations!

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some really lovely Longaberger pieces, in various colors and prints, but these are special because of the support for breast cancer. Thank you for sharing your wonderful collection with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi There, I lost a very very good friend a year ago to breast cancer... That was so hard for me--and I still miss her so much.

    I'm glad to see July end---and now I'm ready for FALL... I just don't enjoy summer very much...

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a thoughtful post, Nellie. I often see Longaberger items at auctions. They usually sell for quite a bit but I've never considered buying them for some unknown reason. Now I will be more mindful and make sure if and when I do I purchase those that will go towards their donations.

    Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete