Some of you may be welcoming overnight guests to your home for Thanksgiving. I have always liked the thought of having something done ahead of time for breakfast so I would be able to start working on Thanksgiving dinner as early as possible.
This Thanksgiving, I am ready with these.
|Ready for the oven.|
|Out of the oven! Don't they look good?|
2 cups flour
7 Tablespoons sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon ginger
6 Tablespoons butter - cold, cut in small pieces
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
3 Tablespoons half and half
- Combine first 8 ingredients in medium bowl. Cut in butter.
- Combine remaining three ingredients in a large bowl. Add dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture. Mix together and shape into a ball.
- Pat out into a rectangle. Slice widthwise into thirds, then cut each third in half, making 6 pieces.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Bake 14 to 16 minutes.
1 cup + 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons milk
- Blend together, and drizzle on cooled scones.
I actually cut the rectangle into fourths, giving eight.
These will be warmed on Thanksgiving morning, and the glaze will be added. I am ready to try one now!:-)
Thank you for reading. I really appreciate your comments.