I had hoped to have some leftovers to bring home, but alas! I must now make another to have here.😊
I'll review the recipe here -
PANETTONE STUFFED FRENCH TOAST
1 loaf (16-oz.) panettone, cubed
4 oz. cream cheese
8 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup melted butter, cooled
- Grease a 9x9x2 baking dish; add 1/2 of bread cubes.
- Cube cream cheese and sprinkle over bread.
- Top with remaining bread cubes.
- In bowl, combine eggs, milk, maple syrup, and butter. Carefully pour over bread mixture. Refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour, covering with aluminum foil if edges brown too much. Cut into squares to serve.
Enjoy! This might be the weekend to plan a special breakfast!