Thursday, December 1, 2022

Blogging…

 If my memory serves me correctly, it was on December 1, 2011 that I began this blog with my first post.  For several years, I posted regularly.  Then, my interest and time took another direction, and the blog was much neglected.  

In honor of that beginning eleven years ago, it’s appropriate that I have an entry for today. 

We are in the midst of a kitchen project, and work will probably continue for several weeks.  We have, however, been able to set some spaces aside for the season.

While it may be awhile before we have guests in the dining room, the table is ready!  
A corner on the kitchen counter is ready with favorite flavors of the season…orange and peppermint!
The table is ready in the kitchen, too!  The place mats were a gift from a student in December 1967, and the Santa napkin rings were a Secret Santa gift from a co-worker over 30 years ago!  Those green glasses? They’ve been with us for as long as we’ve been married!

Are you counting down the days?  Only 24 more days until Christmas!

Stay safe, stay well, and be of good cheer!


7 comments:

  1. Happy Blog anniversary! I haven't counted the years, but could it be possible that long for me too. How nice to have your kitchen project.
    I hope you have a blessed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see a post from you. Happy blogging anniversary.
    I started blogging back in 2008 and have posted over 4,000 posts!
    Things looking nice around your table.
    I haven't decorated at all yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy blogversary, Nellie! You piqued my curiosity and I had to go back and look when I first blogged. My very first blog was called Tales from a Celtic Heart, first published on March 30th, 2009. My current one began in 2013.
    Hang in there. Your kitchen will be finished soon. Think of all the new recipes you'll be baking and cooking, alongside the tried and trusted favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm so glad your gave us a post to celebrate this blog anniversary. I loved seeing the lovely 'old' gifts from former students and co-workers. They are treasures and must be filled with good memories of these people and those times. Thanks, Nellie, for the Christmas glimpse at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blog Anniversary, Nellie. I see you are still busy doing some renovations. Your table settings are always regal.
    Stay well and safe.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, Sister, I'm glad to see a blog post from you! Of course, you have a flair for decorating, and I wish we could have a glimpse of some other areas of your lovely home. Your seasonal dinnerware is always fun and appropriate, although some of your patterns have sadly been discontinued. Hopefully, you won't need to replace anything! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you just love hauling things out that have such special meaning and have been with you for years? I'm sure you will be glad to have the kitchen project finished. Happy Blogging for all the years. I think we have been blogging about the same amount of time. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete