Saturday, August 1, 2020

On the menu....

Rabbit!  Rabbit!  The first day of a new month, and good luck wishes to you!  I posted the picture of the rabbits in our yard a day early.:-)

A special breakfast treat was this Blueberry Dutch Baby:


It was very tasty, though it really stuck to the iron skillet!  I was lucky enough to get a picture when it was just out of the oven and still puffy.  It wasn’t long before it deflated.

The tea tray that was in the previous post included fresh blueberry preserves, as well as zucchini bread baked with zucchini straight from our generous neighbor’s garden.

On the menu for Sunday Lunch is: roasted boneless turkey breast, glazed with mango chutney (sounds fancy, doesn’t it?); mashed potatoes; peas and carrots; cranberry casserole; and dump cake.  There may be a surprise in this one.  I’ll hope to remember to do a follow up on Monday.  I have a jar of mango chutney from the grocery store that I’ll brush over the turkey breast while it is roasting, and the cranberries are from the freezer.

Be safe, stay well, and remember to wear your mask!


6 comments:

  1. Hi Nellie, Lots of good foods being served up at your house. I can only imagine how wonderful that blueberry dish smelled . Blessings to you and yours, stay safe. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make this dish ... love it. Yours looks so delicious. I made buttermilk blueberry pancakes for our Saturday brunch today. They were yummy too. A simple burger with potato salad and corn on the cob for supper. It's warm here today (probably not by southern American standards, but by our more northerly Alberta standards, when it hits 80 or above, we're think we're hot!) Happy weekend, Nellie. Enjoy that turkey dinner tomorrow.

    Brenda xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good evening, Sister! It all sounds so wonderful, and I'd love to be there for Sunday lunch! Turkey is one of my favorites, and I'd prepare a box of Stove Top and open a can of cranberry sauce to prove what a lazy bum I am! Enjoy it all, and remember to remove your mask for eating! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Berries do stick rather too well, don't they? But, then you get all those lovely crusty bits to nibble. I love mango chutney with a curry, and lots of poppadoms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks yummy. Dinner for Sunday sounds amazing. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I may have to replicate this menu next Sunday- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete