Monday, September 14, 2020

Apple season....

 The month of September has always signified apple season to me.  When I was in the classroom, my calendar dates were apple shapes with the numbers for the date written on them.  We added the appropriate one to the calendar each morning, just to be sure we knew what the day was.:-)

So, without further adieu, I’ll share dessert first this week!


Apple cake!!  This is one of my favorite desserts, and I always look forward to baking it in September!  It can be served at room temperature, or it can be warmed for just a few microwave seconds. It’s really good with whipped cream!  

The rest of Sunday lunch....


We really enjoyed the salmon preparation from a few weeks ago, and wanted to repeat it.  Then, my favorite market had a “special” on this ribeye steak, setting up a little “surf and turf.”

In previous years, we have visited apple orchards in the area, bringing home an assortment of apples that would last us for a few months.  Such a trip doesn’t seem to be in our plans this season.  We’ll have to rely on what the grocery will have available.  

Have you visited apple orchards?  What is your favorite apple treat?  

6 comments:

  1. Your surf and turf looks very delicious. I love steak and seafood. I'm sure the apple cake is also delicious.I usually go to a You-Pick apple orchard and dehydrate apples and store them in mason jars but not this year. I've just been buying the apples at the grocery store.

    We had a provincial election today and it has been very quiet.

    Stay safe and well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy does that apple cake look good, Nellie. We used to go apple picking in Autumn as well. This year there are a lot of firsts for not doing what we always did. Still, there are many blessings if I just open my eyes to them, my friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Sister, I'm not especially fond of salmon, but I could really sink my teeth into a ribeye! As for apples, I really don't have a favorite, but your cake certainly looks appetizing, and I'm sure The Husband enjoyed it! Have a delightful evening while I watch to see what Sally decides to do. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your apple cake looks so good, and it's breakfast time here and that would go down a treat right now with some yogurt! We have a National Apple Day, in October, which happens to fall on my birthday! I love the apple cake my Mum made, but can't find the recipe, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love apple season. All of your food looks wonderful.
    We have had salmon a couple of times lately. We bought a new Trager and smoked salmon is just awesome.
    Now I need apples. Have a wonderful weekend. I am going antiquing. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious. I would love to make a good apple cake.

    ReplyDelete