Even in the midst of these uncertain times, it is possible to find things that bring us joy.
Most of us have a love/hate relationship with technology. Have you discovered Zoom? That is a way we connect with family, as well as continue with committee meetings or special presentations.
1) I loved that I was able to connect with Zoom for this....
Titcomb’s Bookstore in Sandwich, MA on Cape Cod sponsored Susan Branch in a book talk last weekend! When we vacationed on Cape Cod in the summer of 2019, we actually visited Titcomb’s Bookstore! How much fun it was to have this presented via Zoom!
2) Don’t we all love to receive “happy mail?” I know I certainly do! I loved receiving this surprise earlier this week....
This is from a friend in Pennsylvania, and it was totally unexpected! It truly brought me joy!
3) It seems there is a hummingbird that feels quite at home in our oak leaf hydrangea. She has found a favorite leaf, and will sit there indefinitely, as long as two hours or longer! We have loved watching her! If you look closely, you will be able to see her, too.
4) I love hydrangeas! Any color is fine, though I will confess that blue is probably my first choice. It’s always a treat when I am able to order them from our favorite market.
5) I love the dogwood tree when these balls appear. This isn’t a native variety as we ordered through the Arbor Day Foundation. It has been special to watch it develop.
Did you know that today is National Daughter’s Day? Had you thought about the event that will occur three months from today? Where is the time going?? Have you begun any shopping??
I really appreciate you following along with me on this blog.
Take care, be safe, stay well, and wear a mask! Have a good weekend!
Sister, I always look forward to your Friday "Fives!" You've had such an interesting life, with some memorable vacation trips, and it seems that Zoom is enabling you to have virtual visits with some of your favorite people, including Susan Branch! Have a great evening, and keep smiling. Love you!ReplyDelete
I'm so glad you and everyone else enjoyed the Sunday Afternoon Tea with Susan. Hope you get to join in her next one too.ReplyDelete
Lovely post, Nellie. I'm so glad for Zoom and the lovely opportunity to 'meet' online with special people like Susan Branch. I'm so grateful for the opportunity that Titcomb's and Susan gave us, her many girlfriends around the globe. It was a joy to be a part of it!ReplyDelete
And, how lovely to get mail from unexpected corners. Those are real joy bringers indeed. How lovely that your hummingbird could find a safe place to rest in your tree. Happy weekend!
It's always fun to get a little surprise in the mail.ReplyDelete
Have heard of Zoom but have never used it.