Thursday, November 22, 2012

Just the right size....

....for just a bite of Pecan Pie - and with no corn syrup, either, for those of you who are watching that!

Pastry in the pans.

Filling added, ready to bake.

Out of the oven.
I have had this recipe for Tea Time Tassies for a number of years, probably 30 or more.  In another life, when we had a four-year stint at catering, a local newspaper ran an article about our little business, and the picture taken was of me making these exact pastries!  Machoman prefers them to the usual Pecan Pie, and Country Girl likes the Pecan Pie!  This is the answer to satisfy both of them!

TEA TIME TASSIES (Pecan Tarts)
PASTRY
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 (3-oz.) cream cheese, softened
1 cup sifted flour
- Blend softened butter and cream cheese together.  Stir in flour (I used my hands).  Chill about one hour.  Shape into two dozen 1-inch balls.  Place in tiny ungreased muffin tins.  Press dough on bottom and sides of cups.
FILLING
1 egg
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 Tablespoon soft butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup broken pecans
- Beat together all but pecans until smooth.  Divide 1/2 pecans among cups.  Add egg mixture (about one teaspoon), and top with remaining pecans.  Bake at 325 for 25 minutes.  Cool.  Remove from pans.  Freezes well.

I use this same pastry recipe for several other things that are baked in these pans and need a crust.  It is really versatile.

I send along wishes for a very Happy Thanksgiving Day to all of you!

Thank you for reading.  I appreciate your comments.

9 comments:

  1. Have a blessed Thanksgiving! Pecan pie is my absolute favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love my pecan pie for Thanksgiving. These little one's look fabulous! Have a great time today! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so nice. Have a wonderful day today Nellie, Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I remember making MANY of these when I helped a bit in that catering business! I wish I had a nickel for every tassie and mini-cheesecake that we made back then! Happy memories, along with some frustrations, I'm sure! I'll be on my way here in a few minutes, hoping to see you all around noon-ish! Happy Thanksgiving! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen a pecan tassie recipe without corn syrup in it. I am copying this one over- it sounds wonderful! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. These little tarts look delicious. I would love to try the recipe sometime. They would be nice to have on hand at Christmas as well.
    Thank you for all of your lovely recipes. So nice of you to share.
    Happy days, Betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks like our Canadian butter tarts, very yummy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love pecan pie around here and those little individual tassies look great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look delicious. We had apple and pumpkin and some lovely homemade biscotti. I think I need to eat very simply for the next week, but would definitely make an exception for one of these.

    ReplyDelete