Saturday, October 24, 2015

Last Saturday....

....we were here -


It was a beautiful day, and a perfect time to share conversation with friends from past years.

For the first time, we were able to watch the Emory and Henry marching band!  There has not been such a band in many years - even before I was a student there - so it was a real treat!  The band played while the choir sang the Star-Spangled Banner!  Very exciting!


Unfortunately, Emory and Henry didn't hold onto a half-time lead, and lost the game to Hampden-Sydney.  They play away from campus today - at Catholic.  Hopefully they will be more successful this week-end.

Sending everyone wishes for a good week-end!

6 comments:

  1. Your chosen college is a wonderful institution, and I'm sure that band was a real treat! Have a super Saturday, Sister! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nellie, That's a nice looking uniform. Soory your favorite team lost..hope they win this weekend. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending wishes for a win for them today. That is a great looking uniform...and glad they are so great performing. Hope you have a great weekend, Nellie. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I've heard of Emory & Henry. I love a good marching band. My son was in band in high school. Their halftime shows were so much fun. My favorite memory of a show, and it beats even Broadway shows, was when my son was a senior, and they did their show with music from "alien" movies. It started with those haunting notes from Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Then they did the cantina music from Star Wars. I don't remember what came next, but toward the end, they put down their instruments, whipped out sunglasses, and did The Men in Black dance. The band had more than one hundred students involved. I couldn't help being very proud of my son. A couple of the band's moves were arranged to showcase him. He was in the front of the dance for a reason. A friend of his told me he never dances. I said, It's because if he dances everyone else will stop to watch him.

    Thinking about those happy days brings a tear to my eye.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry your favourite team lost Nellie. Great uniform.

    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you got to go to homecoming. Too bad they lost. I hope you have a lovely day today.

    ReplyDelete