Thursday, November 20, 2014

Another favorite....

Apples and pumpkin are favorite flavors around here during this season - or anytime, actually.  There is another that we enjoy - cranberries!



I am not sure where I found this recipe.  It may have been in some newspaper advertising at some point, but this is delicious!

CRANBERRY NUT BARS
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 1/4 cup fresh cranberries
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease an 8-inch baking pan.  Beat eggs in medium mixing bowl until thick.  Gradually add sugar, beating until thoroughly blended.  Stir in flour and melted butter; blend well.  Add cranberries and walnuts, mixing gently just until combined.  Spread evenly in pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.  Cool and cut into bars.  Makes 16 servings.

What will be on your table for dessert on Thanksgiving Day?

17 comments:

  1. Oh, this sounds delicious! At this point, I'm not really sure what desserts we'll have, since we'll be visiting relatives, but I'm sure they'll be wonderful! Have a great day, Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this does sound good!!! Looks moist too! Our Thanksgiving was in October ( Canadian ) but we had all the traditional dishes, with pumpkin pie for desert and apple for the pumpkin haters, lol,

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look very easy to make with few ingredients. They look very nice for company with a cup of tea.

    Stay safe and warm.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. They sound delicious! Cranberries have great flavor so these bars with nuts have to be the best. I'm making an apple pie and pecan pie for Thanksgiving dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a delicious recipe Nellie, and so easy, I like easy :)
    Thank you for sharing.
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another delicious looking treat.
    Like the dish too.
    Pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread here for Thanksgiving dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Nellie these will be good for Christmas. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sound yummy, Nellie. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our family has settled into a vibe where we alternate in town celebration with out of town family visits. This year, sheesh! I may have to something creative because I can't seem to work it out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh My---I'd love those cranberry bars... George and I both love cranberries ---and we make a Cranberry Relish which is WONDERFUL...

    Not sure what dessert will be for us on Thanksgiving. We may have some Pumpkin Pie ---but I also will make some Pumpkin Muffins --with cream cheese icing... YUM.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. This the season for cranberries. I love cranberry desserts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I buy and buy cranberries and freeze them this time of year. I love them.
    This is a nice recipe Nellie. I will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I could eat my way through my friends' blogs this season. I'm a fan of apples and pumpkins and cranberries, too. I just bought my cranberries for next week and always have apples on hand. I'm going to make pear and apple sauce over the weekend and may stew some cranberries in orange juice to pep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yumm, they look so good. I would like to try to make some! Guess we'll be having pie for Thanksgiving dinner.

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI… I'm making this right now…. i don't see a flavoring in this…no vanilla or lemon or other?? also… when you say to beat the eggs til thick… you mean like in whipping them?? thanks!!

    ReplyDelete