Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Options....

Following the last post, you may wonder what we have done with the pumpkin we roasted.  Well, it has been used in a variety of recipes.  


Are you able to notice that the end piece - the best part - has been cut from one of these loaves?  There had to be some "quality control," you know.:-)

I do not remember where I found this recipe.  One good thing about it is that it makes three loaves!  Another good thing about it is that it combines three flavors that are in demand during this season.

CRANBERRY PECAN PUMPKIN BREAD
2 15-oz. cans pumpkin (4 cups)
2/3 cup milk
1 cup oil
4 eggs, beaten
3 cups sugar
3 cups flour
1 Tablespoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- Mix pumpkin, milk, oil, eggs, and sugar in mixing bowl.
- Sift four, baking soda, salt, and spices.  Add to pumpkin mixture.
- Stir in nuts and cranberries.
-Pour into three greased 9x5 loaf pans, filling each 1/2 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.

One for you to enjoy, and two to share!  Enjoy!

10 comments:

  1. Drooling here! I love all these flavors, and those loaves look perfect! Oh, I would love the end piece, too, with a dab of butter! Have a wonderful Wednesday, Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nellie, Yum, that looks so good. The first time I ever had pumpkin bread, my MIL made it. She would bake it in Campbells soup cans. It would be little round loafs of bread and she would give them to family at Thanksgiving. I love this bread. Blessings for a great day and a warmer one. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I need new ideas for Thanksgiving. This looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this recipe because it uses so much pumpkin. I like making three loaves at a time.
    This sounds wonderful and I love that little bit of cayenne in the recipe. I have to make this one as I have so much pumpkin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks delicious! Hubby would be in absolute heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks yummy. I like to eat the end too. : )
    The recipe I have also makes 3 loaves. I make 6 small ones sometimes too. They make great little gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with the need for quality control. It looks very moist. My husband does the quality control test at our house when I bake, lol.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  8. this sounds like a wonderful combination, I'm writing this down for sure, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never thought of this combination of ingredients, Nellie, especially the cayenne. Bet it's yummy.

    ReplyDelete