Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Remember these?



Yes, you've seen these before.  They were made with pumpkin and spice cake mix, with some cinnamon chips thrown in.

Well, here's a variation.  Of course, I neglected to take a picture.  That's why I'm running this picture again.LOL

CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN CUPCAKES
1 box chocolate cake mix
1 can (2 cups) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Mix pumpkin with cake mix until moistened; stir in chocolate chips; spoon into paper-lined muffin cups (about sixteen).  Bake at 350 degrees about 15-20 minutes.  

These may be frosted with your favorite frosting.  They were really nice on Halloween with chocolate frosting and white ghost picks on top.  Perfect for the center of a goody tray taken to the neighborhood gathering.

11 comments:

  1. Nellie, That sure sounds good. I am going to try these. I think they both would be good for Thanksgiving desserts. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you know me....chocolate makes anything better! LOL Have a wonderful Wednesday, Sister! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be very nice too. It looks very yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There you go... taunting me again! *sigh

    ReplyDelete
  5. For such a busy lady, you always find time to bake. I bake about once a month. Not too many sweets in my house anymore since I'm so busy.
    They look delicious.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to HAVE to try these one of these days, Nellie. I noticed that was the same picture...lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh I think they would be even better with chocolate, wow, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am happy with anything pumpkin. These look great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well----I'd love the one made with spice cake mix. BUT--since I'm not much of a chocolate lover, I don't think I'd ever make the one with chocolate and pumpkin.

    We did share a piece of Pumpkin Cheesecake at the Olive Garden last night... AND --as much as I love Pumpkin ANYTHING, this was not my favorite cheesecake...

    Hugs,
    Betsy
    How's hubby?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Nellie, These sound so easy and good!! I must try them. thank you. I hope all is going well for you.

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete