Thursday, July 9, 2015

On a hot summer day....

....this was a good choice for lunch!


A homemade ground chicken lettuce wrap!

To make the filling:
Brown one pound of ground chicken with chopped onion in skillet.
Add a can of diced tomatoes.
Season with 1 teaspoon basil, 1 teaspoon oregano, and 1/2 teaspoon (or more) of fennel.
Salt and pepper, as needed, then simmer for about 15 minutes to let the flavors develop.

Incidentally, this was the topping on the pizza in the last post.  I kept out enough to make the lettuce wrap.  I usually don't purchase iceberg lettuce at the grocery, but this time it looked really good.

5 comments:

  1. That looks really good! Of course, I'd be the one to destroy all the healthy steps by putting it on a bun or eating it with crackers! Have a smiley Saturday, Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice salad. I'm like Glenda. I'd wrap it in a flat bread. lol
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I SHOULD do things like that, but have to admit I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How vital to have these quick recipes for the hot weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks as healthy as it looks summery.

    ReplyDelete