Monday, October 26, 2020

No points earned....

 .....for presentation, but here is our Sunday lunch....

The platter would have looked nice with some parsley sprigs around; a pineapple slice or two centered with a maraschino cherry, perhaps.  Though missing some garnish, we didn’t seem to let that deter us from enjoying it.:-)

We were ready for dessert when the time came, too.

Susan Branch has a wonderful recipe for Pumpkin Cheesecake in her Autumn book, and as National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day was last week, I was ready to try that recipe.  Halved and baked in a pie plate, it is just enough for The Husband and me.  I attempted to atone for a serving platter lacking garnish by drizzling caramel on the plate for the cheesecake and topping the serving with fresh whipped cream!  

It’s not surprising that today is National Pumpkin Day!  This is pumpkin season, you know.  In honor of the pumpkin today, this is the action in our kitchen....
Pumpkin Cranberry Bread!  This is from a recipe I clipped from an advertising folder a few years ago, and today is the first time for me to try it.  We’ll see if it becomes one of those that is retained. 

I have it on good authority that Wednesday, the 28th, is National Chocolate Day!  Busy with planning something special for that special day!

Take care!  Be safe, and stay well!


4 comments:

  1. Well...your dinner looks incredibly delicious, and I'm sure was enjoyed tremendously.
    I love Pumpkin Bread, I shall have to look up Susan's recipe, and have a try :)
    Stay well Nellie !
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Sister, that ham and asparagus look mighty tasty to me, just as they are, and that pumpkin cheesecake.....OH, MY! So, Wednesday is National Chocolate Day? For me, that's EVERY day! LOL Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all goes down the same way, garnish or no garnish, and we all know it tasted super. I used to love gammon and pineapple! Memories of many decades past now. Pumpkin is almost like a wonder food, we can use it in so many delicious ways, it's full of nutrition, and stores well. I think I might just have to have some chocolate on Wednesday. Make that extra chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I certainly wouldn't complain about a lack of garnishes with such a beautiful meal in front of me. I'd dive right in and enjoy.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete