Once again, our Friday has been a busy one! How about yours?
1) I have always loved that there are seasonal decorations during this time of year, even if they look like this....
2) I love to try new recipes, and this week was a good time to try this....
This is Autumn-Spiced Pumpkin Shortbread from a newspaper recipe I’ve had for quite awhile. There is a sprinkling of glazing sugar sprinkled on top when it comes from the oven. It was OK, though probably won’t be a repeat.
3) I love a cozy meal anytime, but especially in the fall.
Braised beef over mashed potatoes “hit the spot!”
4) I love a routine. It has always been helpful for me, particularly when making menu plans. Much of the time, we’ve focused on some kind of fish on Friday.
Salmon patties served with peas and potatoes are a less costly way to enjoy fish.
5) I love apples! Displayed is good, though eating enjoyment is better.;-)
There was some baking of apples this week; love having them in the freezer to take out during the winter! Didn’t manage to get a picture taken. Here, you see Susan Branch’s “Autumn” book, plus there’s some Apple Spice biscotti, perfect with that cup of coffee!
How has this week been for you? How are you feeling? Are you continuing to be careful when/if you have to be out in public? Hopefully you are taking care of yourself and wearing a mask when you are going out among people, if you must do that. Wash your hands often! Be safe, and stay well!