Thursday, October 9, 2014

In costume....

....and ready to sing!

The Women's Chorus, of which I am a member, rehearses at the Senior Center.  A word of clarification may be necessary here.  There are no residents at the Senior Center.  This is one of the centers that is run by the county where various activities are available for seniors.  There are opportunites for cards, art, computer instruction, line dancing, various exercise classes, and other classes that are of interest to seniors.  The chorus is based there, and participants come from all around town to be a part of this group.

So - our director puts us "on the road," and we serve as ambassadors for the center as we travel around the area.

This season, our performance schedule includes eight appearances, and the season is well-underway.  


The UT hat is donned when we sing "Rocky Top," and there is a visor - either red or blue - that is given to us when we sing the medley to the Armed Forces.  

From "Will I See You in September" to "Thankful," we provide about 45 minutes of musical entertainment!  We cover Autumn, football season, Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving, and maybe a bit of Halloween all in one program.

I know Betty from Australia (Gum Leaves) sings in a choir.  Do any of you sing in a group?  What is your favorite song for this season?

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

10 comments:

  1. I have heard your group of ladies, and you all sound fantastic together! Looking forward to a performance near us later this month! Unfortunately, my voice is not worth much these days, but I do manage to "make a joyful noise" in our church choir, as we are very loosely structured, and finding a part that harmonizes is not difficult. I enjoy almost all hymns, and of course, Rocky Top is always a favorite, especially on game days! Have a great day, Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is wonderful, have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nellie, This sounds like such fun. I like that you have a place to meet and enjoy life. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Nellie.

    How I would love to hear your chorus sing!

    Don't belong to a choral group here, but wish I did.

    "Autumn Leaves" is one of my favorite fall songs as well the one that starts, "Oh it's a long, long time, from May to December...."

    Have a wonderful day! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that. I think it sounds like it would be so much fun to see you and your group sing. It looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to sing. I could join a church choir, but I don't go to church these days. I am a Christian, but for now, I can't handle the arguments that take place in churches. I prefer to remain in my microcosm.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nellie, I wish I could see and hear you singing in a choir. Maybe someone could make a Youtube video for us to see. That would be so cool.

    I used to sing solo and also in the choir but just can make the practices as they have change director and they meet too early for me as I work, so I sing from my seat in the congreation.

    Hugs, have fun...
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't been in a choir since junior high and now I couldn't carry a tune in a slop bucket!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry, no singing here! But I give you great praises for your gift of music!

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love to be able to come and hear you sing.
    No singing talent here but I love to sing anyway. : )

    ReplyDelete