Wednesday, October 15, 2014

On the menu....

No mention was made of the menu at the Pottery House Cafe in the previous post.  The selections were about the usual for restaurants in the surrounding area, including things such as catfish, chicken tenders, a variety of quiches, salads, and soups. 

Of course, I failed to take a picture of my plate when it was served.  I chose the chicken salad with an iceberg lettuce wedge, trimmed with walnuts, dried cranberries, and bleu cheese and served with a slice of their delicious cinnamon raisin bread!  The serving was very ample, and half of it came home with me. 

The chicken salad reminded me of the one I make.  I think I have featured it on the blog before, but here is a "rerun."

CHICKEN SALAD FILLING
1 cup chopped cooked chicken
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup mayonnaise (or to taste)
- Blend all together.  Refrigerate.  1 1/2 cups (enough for 4 or 5 sandwiches, perhaps)

May this be a good Wednesday for you. 

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

7 comments:

  1. I also had some of their wonderful chicken salad on a bed of lettuce with some fresh fruit, and part of my chicken salad came home with me as well! Although your recipe is different from theirs, I have enjoyed yours many times, and actually prefer it. I'll share this recipe with my Facebook friends so they can appreciate it as well. Have a wonderful Wednesday, Sister! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe (which I love) reminded me of a great Hot Chicken Salad recipe I have --and haven't tried in a long time... If you don't have it, I'll find it and send it to you if you want it.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nellie, Chicken salad is one of my favorite foods. Love it. I like your recipe. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter makes a great chicken salad. I haven't made one in years, but I used to make it and serve it in a cantaloupe bowl. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that wedge salad sounds soooo good and it would have been my choice too. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds wonderful. I love salad.
    Thank you so much for the recipe. Today is a good baking day, finally.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I must try this it sounds delicious. Hug B

    ReplyDelete