Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Wednesday....

Happy Wednesday!  I hope your week is going well for you! 

Sometimes I have pictures for you, and sometimes I don't.:-)  Today is one of the "don't" times.

In an earlier blog, I shared some pictures with you of some pumpkins that had "volunteered" in the garden via the compost.  The Husband has harvested these pumpkins, and over the week-end, one of them was baked!  It was cut down the middle, the seeds removed, then placed cut side down onto a parchment covered baking sheet.  After about 30 minutes or so baking at 375 degrees, we tested it by slight touch to see how tender it might feel.  We left it a little bit longer, but it wasn't long before it was ready.  The best pumpkin juice baked out of it!  I have used it for sweetening cooked apples! We transferred the pumpkin halves to another place for cooling.  After it cooled, we peeled the skin right off of it!  So - we have been having a "Pumpkin Fest!"  Here is a recipe I want to share with you.

PUMPKIN MUFFINS

1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup pumpkin
!/4 cup oil
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup seedless raisins
- Beat egg slightly with fork.  Stir in milk, pumpkin, and oil.  Blend dry ingredients; stir in just until flour is moistened.  Batter should be lumpy.  Fold in raisins.  Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full.  Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon sugar over each muffin.  Bake at 400 degrees F for 18 to 20 minutes.  Yield: 12 muffins.

We have had rain here this week and estimate perhaps a total of around 2 1/2 inches!

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for this recipe, and I have shared it with my Facebook friends! You and The Husband come up with some great things from your garden, whether "volunteer" or planned! Have a wonderful Wednesday, Sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have pumpkins in my garden but I have lots of squash. I cut one four and wrapped it in foil paper and baked it at 350 F. until tender. It was nice and dry. I should try making muffins with it.

    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were able to harvest your pumpkins and those muffins sound delicious! Have a great day- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever made pumpkin soup? I haven't, nor have I tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. they do sound wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nellie, My daughter Karen, loves to make pumpkin muffins and cookies. I like just about any kind of muffin. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete