Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Continuing the discussion....

....about my Betty Crocker Cookbook collection here.

By the time we married in 1969, I had added another version of "Dinner for Two."


I must admit, this is not my original copy.  It received such loving that it was falling apart, and I was fortunate enough to find this one in an antique shop.


This became a favorite page as it has a recipe for something that became a favorite - Porcupines!  

A recent review of this particular copy located this section:



I believe we are in our "Sunset Years!":-)

Believe it or not, I somehow found time to do some sewing, even branching out to constructing some garments for The Husband.  Upon completion of a suit (the first - and only), what would you think would be a suitable "reward?"


No surprise there!


It is even inscribed!  This particular edition has seen lots of action in the past 44 years!

A particular blogging anniversary arrived on December 1.  Three years!  Stay tuned for word on a giveaway to celebrate.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Nellie!
    Aren't those older Betty Crocker books gems? I still refer to mine every now and again. They are the classics that's for sure!!!

    I do hope you will be linking today's post to Cookbook Wednesday. If you would like me to do it for you, just let me know.

    Thank you so much for sharing this timeless book, Nellie. it certainly deserves a special place on any bookshelf...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nellie, That is a great book. I bet it has seen much use in 44 years. That's a lots of meals girl. Hope your day is great...it's getting sunny here. :):) xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cookbooks have seen a lot of love over the decades, and I do not recall having anything at your home that was not delicious! I also recall that your sewing experiences were much more ambitious than mine, as I never tried to make a man's suit. You are a great wife, all the way around! Have a wonderful Wednesday, Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew you could cook, but you MADE A SUIT, TOO! Wow, that's impressive, woman!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I learned to cook on my Betty Crocker cookbook. Mine is falling apart.
    It is nice to see those cookbooks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nellie ,
    What a loving post , such fond memories and thanks for sharing them ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love old those old cookbooks.
    My mom used to make those Porcupines!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes I feel like Betty Crocker is a real person.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, I love old cookbooks!... and my mama used to make porcupines... I have not heard of those in years!... you have such a nice collection... xoxo... Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mother used to make porcupines. I thought that was just something she dreamed up, but since she was not an imaginative cook, she must have gotten this from a friend's cookbook. I have a couple of Betty's cookbooks, and I too think of her as something of a friend.

    ReplyDelete