Monday, March 26, 2012

Also on the reception table....

....were Spinach Balls, made and contributed by my sister.  Years ago, we had a different recipe, and I'm sure many of you have a similar one.  This is a newer one which she located several months ago.  She had brought some to a family gathering at Christmas, and that is when Country Girl decided she wanted them served at her wedding reception.  I have no picture.  By the time we made it to the table after our photography session, there were only three remaining!  They were definitely a popular item!

SPINACH BALLS

4 eggs, well-beaten
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tablespoon dried onion flakes or 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
6 Tablespoons melted butter, cooled

- Mix eggs, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and onion together well.  Then add spinach and melted butter.  (My sister says she just uses her hands when mixing in the spinach and butter).
- Shape into bite-size balls, and place on baking sheet lined with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes, or until lightly browned.  Remove tray to rack for cooling.  May be served warm or at room temperature.  These can be frozen ahead of time, then thawed and warmed for serving.  This recipe makes about 3 to 4 dozen, depending on how healthy you make those "bite-sizes.":-)

There were many of Country Girl's friends helping out with flowers, food, decor, etc.  It is amazing how everything came together!

We are expecting some cooler temperatures here overnight, but nothing that should cause any damage to our early spring growth.  In addition to the peach tree in bloom (shown on the blog earlier), we also have apple, pear, and cherry blossoms!  The Husband sets out dwarf trees whenever possible, so they will not grow to be a very large size.

I notice new followers.  Thank you so much for reading along.  I enjoy your comments.

Next post - Can you believe it?  STILL more recipes!:-)

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing,You always have such great ideas! Joann

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for reminding me of this recipe. i used to make these years ago all the time. i love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see how family and friends helped with your daughter's wedding. So much nicer to cater for it yourselves than to hire a caterer, also a lot more economical.
    This sounds like a tasty and nutritious recipe. So many good recipes on your blog.....I'm hoping to make at least some of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt so privileged to be asked to make these for the reception! They are a bit of work for that size crowd, but I was able to make them in small batches and freeze them for later, so it was not all done in one day. They did seem to disappear, and I had brought more than 150, so I'm hoping that they didn't end up in the trash after people sampled them! I'll look forward to more recipes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. But they all sound so yummy. I keep enjoying each one that you are sharing.
    I look forward each day to each bit you post about the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummmm...these sound wonderful!! ♥♥Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh I haven't saw these in a while, yummo!Thankyou for sharing this today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another nice post. I enjoy your blog, and have nominated you for theVerasitle Blogger Award. Please visit my page for the badge, and award details. Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow very good post and nice information about the reception table.office furniture

    ReplyDelete