Friday, March 23, 2012

Wedding fashions....

Good Friday morning to everyone!  We have a cloudy, rainy day here - not a good day for planning any outdoor activity.  It seems to be the perfect day to continue sharing pictures and stories about the wedding of Country Girl last Saturday.

Now, I know you are anxious to see what was worn by the bride, but humor me just a bit while I share with you what was worn by the mother-of-the bride.:-)

Wearing o' the green....

....on St. Patrick's Day, of course.:-)  The dress, made of lightweight satin,  has a princess-style fit, and the sleeves have no button, just the band.  The bolero is a versatile piece, and it can be worn with other things.  These things were made by the same seamstress who made the apparel for the bride.


On my feet....

This picture just doesn't show the color of the shoes very well.  They are a champagne color, according to the box, and I was happy to find them at our local SteinMart!

Now, on to what is always the greatest interest - what did the bride wear?


After the wedding.....

As I mentioned in an earlier post, Country Girl wanted a relaxed-style wedding, not formal, and that is what she had.  Her apparel included an off-shoulder blouse, a gold vest, and a skirt with sheer overskirt embroidered with gold leaves.  Her flowers included daffodils, hyacinths, and some that I could not identify.  She wore white patent lace up boots.

The men wore band-collar shirts with gray pants, with the exception of the groom, whose pants were the khaki you see above.  The Husband's shirt, made by the same seamstress, was designed to be worn outside (not tucked in), as was the way the groom wore his shirt.  

The above photograph was taken by the professional photographer and was posted on her Facebook page. We have yet to see the other photographs from the wedding.  The happy couple are on their honeymoon and haven't been in touch with us, of course.:-)

I really appreciate those of  you who are reading and following along, and I love reading your comments.

Next post - Still more food from the wedding....



8 comments:

  1. The clothing was all lovely and matched the personalities of the bride and groom perfectly! It was a blessing to be there to share this happiest of occasions with the rest of the family and the multitude of friends who attended. I am fond of all three of my nieces and VERY much approve of the two sons-in-law that you have! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think so far that is so pretty. I have enjoyed this so much. I think you have done such a nice job.
    I like the picture of the bride and groom. I can't wait to see more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nellie- YOUR dress was gorgeous and I love the way your daughter was dressed. I can't wait to see more pictures-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful, Nellie!
    I wanted to say thank you for your sweet comments about my kitties...Bless you! ♥♥
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like she had the wedding of her dreams. You dress and shoes were lively too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love green, Nellie! And, what a lovely outfit for the bride!! And, the groom's clothing, too - everything must have been lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved your dress Nellie! Such a pretty soft green. The bolero is beautiful too. Also loved the style of the brides outfit. I really like all of the sweet styles chosen for the wedding party. They really say 'country' to me.

    ReplyDelete