Friday, March 30, 2012

Another wedding post....

Happy Friday to everyone!  Are  you ready for the week-end?  We are going to be enjoying the Final Four Men's basketball games, as well as those for the women - even though our beloved Lady Vols didn't make it to Denver.:-)

There have been several posts about our daughter's recent wedding, and this is another.  There was Spinach Dip (delicious) brought by the groom's step-mother, and I didn't get the recipe!:( So, I have done my bit of "research" and will post the recipe that I have followed in years past.  In fact, I am probably motivated to make it again!:-)  The recipe comes from the back of the Knorr Vegetable Soup package.

SPINACH DIP

1 package (10 oz.) baby spinach, chopped or 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 container (16 oz.) sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise
1 package Knorr Vegetable soup mix
1 can (8 0z.) water chestnuts, drained and chopped (optional)
3 green onions, chopped (optional)

- Combine all ingredients and chill about 2 hours.  Serve with  your favorite dippers.

Just a word to those bloggers that I follow (hope you know who you are).  I have tried to comment on your blog this morning, but am receiving error messages, and my comments are not posted.  I will keep trying later to see if that is still the case.

Thank you so much for reading.  Hopefully you will be able to comment.

Next posting - I really am still continuing with a few more things about the wedding.   Perhaps they will be of some interest.  Come back and see.:-)

6 comments:

  1. Hi Nellie- The posting thing is all fixed now so you should be able to comment.

    I have made this spinach dip for years. I usually serve mine in a hollowed out loaf of sour dough bread. Yum! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dip was really delicious, and I have had yours as well, and love both of them! Just might have to do this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds delicious Nellie. I will see if I can find an equivalent for the Knorr Vegetable soup mix.
    Enjoy the basketball and have a great week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love spinach dip, can't wait to try your recipe. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spinach dip is a favorite...even with the girls. This would be a fun appetizer for Easter too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Nellie I am so behind in seeing your blog. Please accept my sincere apologies. Between my own blog and family I feel sometimes on overload.

    All of your recipes are do DELICIOUS sounding. We used this one at my sons wedding some 25 years ago in a hollowed out bread bowl and it was so good and such a hit. I bet it was at yours too.

    Every post I've read clear down to all the dresses and shoes have just inspired me. And the dresses were all so beautiful! And you have such great recipes that you've shared. Some I've made before and forgot how good they were and some are quite new to me so I want to try. The wedding I know was absolutely gorgeous. I wish I could have been there to help you in your preparations. I know what an extra pair of hands can do because extra hands, caring loving hands have really helped me out many many times in my life. And I do know what it is to do a wedding. I have 8 children of which 7 are daughters but we did everyone one of them plus many friends weddings. Our youngest is not as yet married but she's in college so the time will come. I do know what you have gone through but I also know the great joy you have felt. Its nice to have it over though and I do hope you can get some much needed R and R.

    Thankyou for all your sweet comments on my posts. They mean alot to me and I always look forward to them with each post. About the dirt cake....how on earth could I ever forget that one. When you mentioned it I couldn't believe that I didn't include it in my food post.I had totally forgotten about it. It would have been perfect. We love dirt cake and so do the kids and grandkids. Also you mentioned its your sisters birthday. Are the worms in the dirt cake going to say Happy Birthday. (smile) I know she will love whatever you do for her. My only sister past away many years ago from cancer. So I do know how special sisters can be.

    Thanks again Nellie for your love and support. I consider you one of my very dearest blogging friends.

    Big big hugs,

    Nann

    ReplyDelete