Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Corned Beef and Cabbage Casserole....

Good evening to everyone!  Has it been a good day where you are?  We have had some sunshine, clouds, and lots of wind!  I suppose that means it is March.

So, this is the rest of the menu for the lunch I provided for the adult day care at our church on Tuesday.

                                                                      This is what you will need.

CORNED BEEF AND CABBAGE CASSEROLE
4 cups coarsely shredded cabbage
1 cup diced corned beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 can cream of celery soup 

Mix all ingredients.  Bake in a covered 1 1/2 quart dish in 375 degree F. oven for 45 minutes.   Serves four.


                                                                 This is the plate as it was served on Tuesday.

We have been busy here today with preparations for that wedding under full swing.:-)  Only ten more days - and counting!:-)  I am just hoping the weather will be good on the wedding day.

I have noticed another follower!  Thank you for joining in!  I really appreciate those of you who are reading along, and I love reading your comments.

Next post - March around the house!



6 comments:

  1. Yes, we have had another lovely day, and we're expecting rain in the next day or two, but we can hope for a beautiful day on March 17! Might even send up a few prayers for that to happen, since He's the one who controls that sort of thing. :-)

    This really sounds simple and looks delicious! Just might have to try it out on my MOTH one day soon! Thank you for sharing another winner with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should make this for mu hubby. He would love it. I don't care much for corned beef. I think I had it too much as a kid. Hope you have a good night- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love that in March the conned beef is for sale at the market. That looks amazing. I bet you are so busy getting ready for the wedding.
    It is a fun time though.
    Yes, I have been afraid of the storms too, but even after we had wind the trees seemed okay and didn't loose blossoms. It is still to early for gardens though, as we can still get frost before Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound very very busy!! Best wishes with the wedding preparations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nellie,
    I just love this casserole, it looks delicious and I will be making it very soon. Thanks for sharing and have a great day!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for stopping by my blog for a visit, so glad to have you there! This looks good..I have never had corned beef and cabbage in a casserole...but I like the idea! B e sure to post pics of the wedding! Hugs, Patsy

    ReplyDelete