Wednesday, March 21, 2012

What did they wear?

Happy Wednesday evening to everyone!  Hopefully all has gone well where you are.

This will be a short post.  I don't have everything from the camera onto the computer for all the pictures I want to eventually share, so I will just go with what I presently have.

Flower girl dress

Little Munchkin really had a good time with the basket of flower petals.  She says she would like to do it again.:-)  She wore pink shoes that had Sleeping Beauty written inside them, and she just loves them!


Dress worn by Maid and Matron of Honor

This picture shows the color darker than it really was, though it was a shade of slate.  The sleeves were loose as they came to the wrist, and the cord was tied around the waist in a square knot.  Both City Girl and Munchomom had the dresses made by seamstresses in their own towns where they live.


Silver sandals worn by attendants

The original plan was for the attendants to wear gray boots.  They are really nice and would have been perfect.  However, with the temperatures equal to those of a summer day, the decision was made to see if another option might be found.  City Girl, lucky with shopping, happened to find these at Rack Room on sale for $8.00 a pair!  So, this was an appropriate footwear substitution.  

It was Country Girl's wish that her wedding not be formal.  I think you've been able to see that we did all we could to follow her wishes.  

Is there anyone interested in seeing the bride's dress?:-)  That will be the subject of the next post!

Thank you for following along.  I really enjoy your comments.



4 comments:

  1. Those dresses were all quite lovely, just as the young ladies who wore them. Little Munchkin did a beautiful job with those flowers and looked very grown-up as she was "working." Her brother also did a great job with that pillow you showed us the other day! As for the shoes, I'm happy that the ladies were able to wear them, and their nails looked wonderful! I'm sure they had had some good "girl time" to do those pedis for one another. I always have the utmost admiration for anyone who can stand in heels for half an hour for the ceremony, then even longer for pictures and reception activities! I recall some rather attractive shoes on the feet of the Mother of the Bride, too!
    Looking forward to seeing the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep waiting for that part. I can't wait to see the brides dress.
    I think it looks like a great wedding. So yes, here is one vote from me for the wedding dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks so nice, Nellie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a tease! I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete