Tuesday, March 13, 2012

March around the house.....

Well, here it is Tuesday evening, friends, and I haven't posted on this blog in quite a number of days.  It has been a very busy time around here.  First off, the past Saturday was the occasion of the District UMW event that was mine to plan, etc.  We had good attendance and fellowship as we focused on the theme of "Faith, Hope, Love In Action."

City Girl came to town last night and is helping Country Girl with last-minute details, etc.  Munchomom is coming on Thursday.  Four more days (from today) and counting!  We are all excited about the upcoming wedding on Saturday!  We have been working on the food and think there has been some progress there.:-)

The only "March around the house" picture I have is one that The Husband actually took.

Peach Tree

This is a peach tree in our back yard.  It was transformed into a "ghost" a few evenings when we had low temperatures below freezing.  That is what is unfortunate about having such warm weather so early.  There is always the danger of a late frost damaging the growth brought about by unseasonably warm temperatures.  

I forgot to give my camera some TLC, so it isn't functioning presently.  It will recover nicely, though, as soon as the battery is charged.:-)

I really appreciate the comments from new bloggers, and I hope you will visit this little blog often.
Thank you so much to those who are following along.  Your comments make my day!

Next post - not sure when or what.  It all depends on what is happening around here.  Hopefully there will be a bit more time next week, but one never knows.:-)  So - until I return, have happy days!!

9 comments:

  1. I hope we get to see some wedding pictures! What a cute little peach tree. We can't grow them here-they don't survive the winters. Hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have certainly had more than you need on your plate for these past several days! I'm sure that UMW program on Saturday was inspirational and enjoyable.

    We will be happy whenever--and whatever--you are able to post; just take care of yourself and don't allow this fun, but hectic time to stress you out! That is a sweet little tree; how soon will it be ready to bear? I know there is a time of growth before they actually give fruit, but not sure how many years. Take care! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see you on here... But you have been so busy....I pray all goes well this weekend & that you get lot's & lots of pictures!

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful weekend and I can't wait to see all your special touches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your yard and for visiting my blog and leaving a message.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking about you and wondering if you were really, really busy. I am glad you had some time to blog. I hope you take lots of picture at the wedding.
    If you think of it, I don't know if I would.
    Well, have a wonderful time this weekend, with all of your family and friends around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely blog!~ I'm a new follower ~ ♥♥
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post! Thanks for sharing,and visiting me.Joann

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm here from Gert's blog. I feel as if I almost know you from your comments on her posts:) Gert. posted a great recipe idea of yours today, which I am looking forward to trying out.
    I hope you have enjoyed a wonderful wedding in your family on Saturday.
    Best wishes,
    Betty

    ReplyDelete