Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Here I am - with pictures and a recipe....

A good Tuesday afternoon to one and all!  It has been very busy the past few days, and I am a bit behind in my blog, plus a bit behind checking in with other blogs.  Part of my "business" included an out-of-town trip for a Conference UMW retreat.  When I returned, I had some obligations with my local church UMW, as well as having to finalize a District UMW event coming up this Saturday.  Also, today was the first Tuesday, the day of the month that I provide lunch for the adult day care group at our church - about 20 people.  Now, I have a little time before preparations for the food for the wedding begin, probably tomorrow!  Yikes!  First, however, I want to share today's lunch with you.

Ingredients for Golden Potato Bake.  

GOLDEN POTATO BAKE

6 Russet potatoes, cooked and shredded (I used frozen)
1 pint sour cream
10 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, grated (I "cheated" and bought already shredded
1 bunch (5) green onions, chopped
3 Tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons melted butter
1/3 cup bread crumbs

- Combine grated potatoes with next six ingredients and mix thoroughly. 
- Turn into buttered 9 x 13 pan; smooth top with spatula.  Sprinkle with buttered crumbs.
- Bake 50 minutes at 300 degrees F.  Serves 8.

I have had this recipe for about 20 years.  It comes from a church friend.  Anyway, the picture shows how the plate looked when served.



Last week I shared the whole wheat soda bread, Irish soda bread, and exquisite mint sticks that were on the lunch menu today.  Tomorrow I will share the recipe for Corned Beef and Cabbage Casserole that was the main dish. 

City Girl and Munchomom came to town over the week-end as they were taking Country Girl off on a spa-treat pre-wedding event.  It was good to see them all together again.  Reports are that fun was had by all.  I'm going to ask to go with them the next time.:-)

Thank you for following along and coming back to read after these days away.  I love reading your comments!



6 comments:

  1. That looks great and it sounds like you have been a busy lady! Hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your schedule always exhausts me, just reading about it!! Be sure you don't totally wear out!

    This sounds like a really yummy casserole, and it will probably find its way to a church dinner before too long. Thank you for sharing!

    Yes, those girls surely had a wonderful time together. Perhaps they could be persuaded to treat their parents to a lovely outing at that marvelous place! In fact, their aunt and uncle would enjoy such a retreat, but we would not expect that from them! :-)

    Take care of yourself, Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMY! that sounds amazing. It sounds like you have been very busy and a wedding coming up too...whew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH good, my dash board has been gone and I thought I had lost you. I am so glad you updated and now my dashboard is back.
    I was wondering so it is a wedding. You will have your hands full.
    I can't wait to see your other recipes. They sound wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Nellie you are so busy! And continue to share yourself doing Gods work! Bless you! Your food all looks so yummy!

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nellie this recipe looks delish and one I think I could use for breakfast or a brunch as well as dinner. Kind of like potato cakes but only a whole lot faster and easier. Like I could ccut them in squares to serve. LOVE this yummy idea.

    Oh my stars girlfriend are you ever busy!!! And a wedding to do. It will be beautiful I know.

    Hugs to you,

    Nann

    ReplyDelete