Monday, June 9, 2014

Beginning the week....

Another week is here.  Did you have a busy week-end?  Do you have a long list for today?

I believe you have seen this before.

Biscuits - always a treat!

The recipe for these has been in my file for a number of years.  I wish I could remember the source as I always like to give credit, but I really have no idea how I came upon this recipe.

SKY HIGH BISCUITS
2 cups flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
3/4 cup butter, cold and cut into small pieces
1 egg
1 cup milk
- Mix dry ingredients together.  Cut in butter.
- Add liquid (egg and milk), stirring until moistened.
- Knead to hold together, roll, and cut.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes.  Yield depends on size of biscuit cutter.  Using the smaller cutter gave me 24 biscuits.  The Husband has been enjoying them!:)

This was not to be the year for a Triple Crown winner.  California Chrome, the favored horse to win it all, had a fourth place finish on Saturday.  Congratulations to the winner - Tonalist. 

Have a good Monday!

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments. 

16 comments:

  1. Those biscuits look so good Nellie! I would really enjoy one right now with butter and strawberry preserves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad to see California Chrome lose. I was pulling for him! Those biscuits would be awesome with some good sausage gravy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nellie, I truly love the taste of biscuits. I rarely eat them though. Hope you have a great week. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nellie , love biscuits and those look awesome , they was would go wonderful some good sopping gravy and some honey . Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I do like the look of these biscuits and the fact that they use some whole wheat flour! They're more work than I usually put into my cooking, but would be SO worth it! I'll have to give them a try soon! have a marvelous Monday, Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very yummy looking biscuits. I do love them. This looks like a very nice recipe.
    Yes, I was sad there was no Triple Crown.
    It is supposed to be 108 today so I am rushing around trying to get my work done.
    It was already 80 degrees by 5:30 A.M.
    I do have a very long list today too.
    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the update on the race.

    Wish I had one of your delicious biscuits; thank you for the recipe. I bought a new bottle of honey that would be good drizzled over a biscuit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look so good. We had berry shortcake on Saturday with biscuits and real whipped cream. One of my most favorite treats. Here's to a sweet Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Nellie..your biscuits look so delicious ...I can see why your hubby loves them!

    Hope you're in for a good week!

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  10. The biscuits look delicious... I love biscuits --but seldom eat them anymore... When we go to Cracker Barrel, I always eat one of theirs!!!!! YUM...

    I was sorry that CA Chrome didn't win...

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. *Drool*
    Your biscuits look so delicious Nellie !
    Too bad about the Triple Crown, maybe next time.
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look delicious. They'd be good with tea, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the recipe. They look delicious. I make biscuits often so I'm sure to try these. One more biscuit recipe can't hurt. Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  14. So, stupid question.....how thick do you make the dough before you cut the biscuits?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those biscuits look delicious!!!
    I felt bad for the owner of CA Chrome...I was really hoping he would win. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete