Monday, June 30, 2014

One more for summer....

This Monday begins a holiday week.  Before retirement, The Husband would often take vacation this week since the holiday wouldn't count off on the actual number of days vacation he was due. 

I am sharing one more summer recipe with you today.  It comes from the same Konnarock Cooking book as other recipes I have shared.

MEDITERRANEAN SALAD
1 8-oz. pkg. spaghetti or fusilli, cooked (I used rotini. It was what I had on hand.)
1 6-oz. jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 4-oz. can sliced ripe olives, drained
1 cup frozen English peas, thawed
1 small chopped zucchini
1/2 small purple onion, sliced
DRESSING
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 Tbs. parsley flakes
1/2 cup Italian dressing
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- Drain cooked pasta and rinse in cold water.  Mix with salad ingredients together in large bowl.  Set aside.  Mix dressing ingredients until well blended.  (I used a jar for shaking.) Pour over pasta mix as desired.  I didn't use all of it and stored the remainder in the refrigerator to use as a dressing for other salads, as needed.  Cover.  Chill one to two hours before serving.  Flavor improves overnight.

Another good summer salad!

I think it would be good if you wanted to add grilled chicken, a can of tuna, or chopped shrimp to this!  I left it plain, though the vegetarians in the family eat seafood.

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, this looks so yummy and refreshing! I'm sharing it with my Facebook friends for their enjoyment as well. Have a marvelous Monday, Sister! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nellie is your goal to make me hungry every time I visit your blog? If so, you do a pretty darn good job of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nellie, I've been looking through all your delicious posts and I can't wait to try your recipes! Your blog is making me hungry!

    I'm keeping your friends husband in my thoughts and prayers.

    Thank you for your visit today. I'm now your newest follower.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. We,ve been eating lots of salads during these hot summer days. haying season is in full swing.
    Looks good.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi There, We are home from a trip to the gorgeous West VA mountains –where we celebrated our anniversary… I’ll be blogging about this time for awhile –since it was so special.

    YUM... That salad sounds wonderful. I think I'd add some Grilled Chicken --and call it my dinner!!!!

    Hugs,

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband and I would like this salad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum. I had a healthy salad today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete