Monday, June 23, 2014

Time in the country....

Happy Monday to you!  I hope the week ahead will be a good one for you.

We recently were able to visit with the Country Couple where they live about an hour away.

Isn't this a beautiful butterfly?

Goosey-gander preening his feathers.  He is the only one of three remaining.

One of the tractors.

Another tractor.

Cob and Cupcake in the chicken coop.

Who knows how old this mulberry tree is?

Ripe mulberries waiting to be picked....

.....and here are part of the ones we enjoyed!

The sheep - Isaac, Esau, and Jacob.

This is Rebekah - a Barbados sheep.  She is a bit camera-shy.
As I mentioned, there were three geese at the beginning.  Unfortunately, the other two have fallen prey to predators.  Coyotes are suspected.  A few days later, Sprout disappeared.:-(  This is when the chickens became full-time residents of the chicken coop.  There is a slight electric charge on the fence that encloses the sheep.  On the day we were there, however, Rebekah became quite the "escape artist," and she found herself on the wrong side of the fence!  I think she resembles a fawn!

I have more to show you of the visit, but this post is a bit long with all these pictures.  I'll leave more for another time.

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

14 comments:

  1. It's such a peaceful-looking place, just right for the Country Couple. It's too bad those predators have done away with cherished animals on the farm, but I suppose that's the way life is in those places. Hopefully, they'll be able to keep everyone else alive! Have a marvelous Monday, Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nellie, Your Country Couple have a nice assortment of animals. The sheep may have jumped the fence. The neighbors goats would jump the fence if they got startled. Which would amaze me how high they could jump. But hey, I can run pretty fast if something like a big dog is chasing me. LOL. Blessings for a fun week, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a great visit you had. I never saw berries like that before.

    I'm having problem with Bloglovin and for some reason it only shows one post at a time or the latest and your post didn't showed up on my Reader list.
    I hope they will fix the problem soon as it's very time consuming having to search who posted on their blogs.
    Hugs,

    JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. isn't it great to spend time in the country?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lovely place to visit and I thank you for sharing the pictures. Hope you enjoy the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun place to visit. Josie would love all the animals and the ripe berries! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice visit. I like all of the animals. Too bad about the animals and loosing their lives to predators.
    It happens here too, only ours are foxes.
    I think that goat looks like a fawn too.
    I am looking forward to more posts about this lovely farm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nellie , great time you had with the Country Couple , great pictures and it's quite peaceful living on a farm . thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like such a nice time. Enjoyed all the pictures. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had a great visit with the Country Couple. That's one unique sheep! I grew up on a farm so this post brought back good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos Nellie. Best to get the mulberries before the birds do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete