Wednesday, June 4, 2014

In the kitchen - Part 2....

Happy Wednesday to everyone!  Are you expecting severe storms today?  We have a possibility of stormy conditions later this evening.  We really need the rain - over five inches behind our usual rainfall for this point in the year - but it would suit me fine if the storms didn't arrive!

Some more time has been spent in the kitchen in recent days.  This recipe is one that I have had for many years.  The Husband's sister-in-law gave it to me early in our marriage, and it has been enjoyed many times.

BEAN SALAD
1 can (28 oz.) cut green beans
2 cans (14 oz.) French cut green beans
1 can (14 oz.) kidney beans
1 large green pepper, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 cup salad oil (I used canola.)
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
salt and pepper (to taste)
- Drain beans.  Place in bowl.  Add green pepper and onion.
- Mix oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a jar.  Pour over beans  green pepper, and onion.  Toss and refrigerate.

I thought I had a picture of this one, but am not able to find it.:-(  I'll check later and it may appear in the next post.:-)

I send wishes for your safety if you are experiencing severe stormy weather today!

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

13 comments:

  1. Yes, we do need some rain, and I would not even object to a few light storms, if that's what it takes to get that rain! This recipe sounds like a really good one for those who like bean salad. I'll be sharing it with my Facebook friends. Have a Wonderful Wednesday, Sister! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bean salad sounds good Nellie! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nellie , the bean salad is my kind of summer recipe , fast and easy . No thunderstorms in the forecast , but as you know they can pop up at a moment's notice . Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a bean salad and I make them often in the summer. Thanks.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds good! Beans beans and more beans! Yum! It's stormy here today, and we need the rain also because we just planted new shrubs, etc. In the 80's yesterday, 60's today, just plain crazy! Have a good rest of the week, Nellie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Bean Salad--and beans are good for us!!!

    Hope you/we don't get any rough weather tonight... We need RAIN --but hopefully, nothing severe.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nellie, Once at a family reunion, I told my SIL , do not eat that bean salad, yuck. She said , "I'll have you know I made that " LOL. I told her, Sorry, I just didn't like it, it was the 1st time I had ever had that kind of salad. LOL. I do not say things like that any more. I still will not eat it. But I always think it looks so pretty. I do love pea salad. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing like a bean salad on a hot summer day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another wonderful recipe for summer. Thank you.

    I pray you will be safe from severe weather.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! Love any bean! Cold or hot! Havent made this in ages but will soon now! We are expecting rain tonight everyones been out cutting grass between the showers.. Enjoy your evening Nellie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have not had bean salad since I was a girl! I don't know why I have never made it. This is a good healthy sounding recipe for it, too- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't thought of bean salad in a long time. I think the girls need to try it this summer. I've been trying to include more veggies at every meal. Fingers crossed we can actually have some of our own beans from our garden this year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete