Thursday, June 26, 2014

Simple in the country....

We are at Thursday already!  Is the week passing quickly for you? 

I need to post something that I couldn't locate for my previous post.

This is the salad from yesterday!

Now, for today's post.

I have mentioned earlier about a recent visit we made to the Country Couple.  We always enjoy our time there, and it is interesting to see what decor is displayed.

Simple in the country!

 The long wooden bread bowl holds rose petals.  It sits on a round of wood accompanied by carvings done by Country Man from crepe myrtle wood.

Food was involved!

Of course, food was involved.  Doesn't this look tasty?  It was a fresh, homemade cheesecake made better by that chocolate sauce on top!:-)  Chopped nuts helped, too.:-)  Country Girl made this for our dessert.  Of course, I don't have the recipe.:-( 

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

11 comments:

  1. Good morning! Yes, my week is passing very quickly, and I'm having trouble keeping up with it! HA!! Country Man is quite talented with his carvings, and Country Girl is a great cook, so I'm sure that cheesecake was delicious! Thanks for the picture of that salad, too....it looks scrumptious! Have a thrilling Thursday, Sister! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wooden bowl with the rose petals is cool. And cheesecake with chocolate on top? YES PLEASE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nellie, Some one else in your family can cook too.LOL. The salad and the cake looked so good. You could eat the salad alone to have room for cake. The long wooden bowl is nice, I like it sitting on a piece of wood. That makes me think of asking Ted , next time he chops wood to make me some chargers of wood. Blessings, xoxoSusie
    p.s. Nellie , I was sorry to hear your friend will have to have radiation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cheesecake looks sinful. Love the simple country decor.

    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nellie!

    Love that bowl of roses Nellie and that cheesecake, oh my, heavenly! Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

    Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nellie,
    That cake looks so good.
    I've never seen crepe myrtle wood in a carving - so pretty.
    Thanks for the photo of yesterday's salad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what beautiful carving! The cheesecake looks amazing! I thought it was a frosted cake, even better cheesecake, oh my!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the rose petals in the wooden bread bowl. Simple but beautiful.
    Oh yes, that cake looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Nellie, I love her setting..so simple yet so beautiful! And her dessert looks way too yummy!

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is very beautiful to see the bread bowl with roses and carvings made in woods.
    Cheese cake sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete