Saturday, June 21, 2014

It is now official....

Happy Saturday - and welcome to the first official day of summer!

Here are some things that have been happening while summer has been "unofficial.":-)

There is a melon there!  Do you see it?

This onion is ready to pop out of the ground!

Hopefully these tomatoes will remember that red is the color we want to see!

Just a little lettuce came up from seeds.

The first harvest of our potatoes!

The Husband has worked hard in the garden, and his efforts are paying off!  The zucchini and green beans that were picked this week are not pictured, but they have already been enjoyed! 

I welcome the 101st follower to the blog! 

Have you made some good week-end plans?  I hope you have a good one, whatever you do!

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

13 comments:

  1. its so exciting the first crop of summer, we are very far behind you, potatoes already, wow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great start to your harvest! Of course, you COULD do some fried green tomatoes if you wanted to use some of those beauties that way! :-) My main plan for today is to stay cool, and that might be a major project here! Have a most pleasant Saturday and a blessed Sunday, Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes me hungry to see your garden! Green beans are one of my favorites.
    Wishing you a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really miss having a garden. Your garden looks great and those tomatoes will be ripe before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that melon brings back some mixed feeling. Two years ago on the day I was to harvest my cantaloupes, I received a called from my son telling me that I better check my garden... a family of raccoons had gotten into my garden and had seriously damages everyone of my cantaloupes. I only got to eat one tasty cantaloupe from the whole patch.

    I'm green with envy of your green tomatoes.

    Your husband sure did a great job of looking after the garden.
    Enjoy the fruits of his labor and he'll enjoy the fruit of your labor.

    Have a nice weekend.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nellie, Things are looking yummy around there. I love the little melon. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! Your harvests are well before mine, so I am excited to see what I know is coming.Enjoy you bounty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you garden is way ahead of mine! it is so exciting to harvest the first of it. happy summer solstice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your garden is looking good. Our tomato plants are quite small yet but it was exciting seeing the little seeds we planted come up. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. You garden is so productive, Nellie.
    I love these pictures. I used to grow our vegetables. I will still try to grow something this year.
    Hopefully, the deer will stay away...

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful garden you and your husband have, Nellie! There is nothing better than home grown vegetables!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum, potatoes! I would love to have a garden. And I'd kill to eat a slice of melon now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete