Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Try this for breakfast....

Wednesday already!  Wow!  The week is really passing quickly!

I have no memory of where I found this recipe.  I really should be better about making those notations on my recipe cards.  At any rate, this is a real treat!

BLUEBERRY CROISSANT BREAD PUDDING
2 extra large croissants
1/2 cup blueberry preserves (I used Polaner).
3 large eggs
1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup water
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.  Coat 9-inch square baking dish with no-stick cooking spray.  Cut croissants in half lengthwise.  Spread each half with about 1 Tablespoon of the preserves.  Replace tops.  Cut into small strips.  Place in prepared baking dish.  Using small spoonfuls, dab remaining preserves on top.


- Whisk eggs.  Whisk in sweetened condensed milk, water, butter, vanilla, and cinnamon until blended.  Pour over cut-up croissants.  Press larger pieces down into the liquid.  Let set 5 minutes.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.  Cool 15 minutes.  Serve sprinkled with powdered sugar or maple syrup.
Slices in  baking dish.

Ready for the oven.

Finished - and ready to enjoy!

Another hot day is ahead here!  Keeping cool is the order of the day!

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.



14 comments:

  1. Oh yes. This looks mighty scrumptious Nellie. Reading this went straight to my hips LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who doesn't love a quick and easy bread pudding, Nellie. Especially where blueberries and croissants are involved. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really sounds delicious! I might even try making it with strawberry jam/preserves, which would suit my taste buds just fine! Have a wonderful Wednesday, Sister, and try to stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nellie, That looks so GOOD !!! A nice big cup of coffee and a dish of that would be a good breakfast. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks sinfully delicious Nellie and would hit the spot with a nice cup of tea.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that looks fantastic. I bet it would be so good to have out on the porch in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely will make this. Erich's fave is blueberries and he can't have them any more but he CAN have this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This would be delicious with my morning coffee!

    Have a nice evening!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that may be my new favorite breakfast!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooohhh-that sounds like dessert for breakfast to me! LOVE it!!! xoDiana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks perfect and seems to be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh this looks delish! But fattening!!!!

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  13. this looks amazing, we love bread pudding!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete