Monday, January 16, 2012

Did I hear someone just say, "Chocolate?"

Ingredients for Chocolate Muffins.

Batter in muffin pan, ready to bake.

Sprinkle with powdered sugar.

Who doesn't like chocolate?  When I saw this recipe for Chocolate Muffins in the Weight Watchers Cookbook, 2006 edition, I knew it was one I had to try.  The greatest difficulty lies in eating only one!

CHOCOLATE MUFFINS

1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup cocoa
3 Tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup skim milk
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 teaspoons butter, melted

- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Combine milk, egg, butter, and vanilla.  I used a measuring cup for this.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients, stirring just until blended. Do not overmix.
- Pour evenly into a 12-cup muffin pan, sprayed with nonstick spray.  I just line my muffin pan with foil cupcake liners.  It makes for easier cleanup and removal from the pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until cake tester tests done.

Working to get better focus on my pictures!

Next, friend - or foe?

Have a super Monday, and thank you for reading.  I love your comments. 

4 comments:

  1. YUMMY! I'm thinking chocolate for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the problem for me with WW recipes is because they are healthy and low cal so I think I can eat the whole pan! lol These look great! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my!!! Yes, these just might find their way to my breakfast table soon, and I'm sure I will have the same problem---eating only one or two at a sitting! Thank you for this great-sounding recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate muffins, Nellie? I think I may have to make some! :)

    ReplyDelete