Thursday, January 5, 2012

Farmer's Breakfast Casserole....

As promised yesterday, here is one of my favorite recipes.  It is good for breakfast, of course, but is also good for supper, which is why I made it this time.

FARMER'S BREAKFAST CASSEROLE

2 cups potatoes, shredded (I used frozen shredded plain hash browns)
3/4 cup reduced fat shredded cheese
3-oz. Canadian bacon, chopped
1/2 cup green onion, sliced
4 whole eggs, beaten
12-oz. fat free evaporated milk
salt & pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray 8x8 pan with no-stick spray; spread potatoes on bottom.  Sprinkle with cheese, Canadian bacon, and onions.  Combine eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.  Pour over potato mixture in dish.  Bake 40 minutes.  Let stand five minutes before cutting.  Four servings.

Although the recipe indicates four servings, I generally cut it into six portions.

This is a recipe I found on the Weight Watcher's Message Board, and I can't remember which one or how long ago.  I've had it quite awhile.
It was quite a satisfying supper served with broccoli and salad.

Thank you for following this blog.  I love reading your comments.

Tomorrow - Three Kings Day Bread!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, my!! That does sound delicious, for breakfast OR supper! I just happen to have a package of those hash browns in the freezer, and might pick up some Canadian bacon soon to give this a try. Thank you for sharing this one with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so good! I love anything with cheese and potatoes. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yummm... this looks amazing and oh so good!! I will have to see if my Tom will consider making this...lol

    Blessings...
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! Definitely something to introduce to my family.

    ReplyDelete