Friday, July 12, 2013

For Friday....

Have you had a long week?  Are you ready for a Friday?  Hopefully you have some good week-end plans.

When of my favorite things to do when I was teaching was guide the students through novel studies.  One of the most-loved was by E.B. White.

This has become a classic children's book.  After we completed reading this, I would follow up by showing this.


It is easy to see that this is from another "era" since it is a VCR tape.:-)

Oh, no!  Templeton escaped!:-)  Perhaps he will stick around while we read these.


These were excellent for reading aloud to the class, and I think the three books should be on every bookshelf!

We have actually had three days this week with sun and no rain!  The week-end forecast is less than promising for sunshine, though.  It may be another good week-end for reading a book!

Before I go, I want to mention Pembrokeshire Lass.  She has a giveaway underway on her blog.  Head over there to see what it is all about!

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

11 comments:

  1. Good Morning Nellie. Thank you so much for the lovely bouquet you sent me. It brightened my day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these books are modern classics! I'm sure your classes enjoyed them, and that tape was an added source of pleasure to take their minds off their school work for a few minutes. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your students must remember you, with love and joy. Reading books, and even showing the tape.

    I remember my 3rd-4th grade teacher, with love. She used to read books to us too.

    I say 3rd-4th grades together, because the small school I went to back then, had 2 classes together in a room. One class studied while she taught the other class. It was cool, actually.

    It's what we knew, and we didn't think anything of it.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlotte's Web! One of my favorites from my childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All great books I agree.
    I hope that you'll have some more sunshine instead of rain. Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember these and I have read some as an adult for the sheer joy of them. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. stuart little..sigh...one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nellie, I love those books. My daughters all love charlotte's web for years. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved these books since my teacher read them to me in 4th grade. I like nothing better than reading them out loud. Your copies look like mine.
    My DIL gets to read them out loud this year for 1st grade to her kids and I think I am as excited. I can think of all kinds of fun things to do with each book.
    So glad you shared them today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those books really bring back memories. even the covers are of my era1 One book I loved as a child and my daughter still loves is 'The Little White Horse' by Elizabeth Goudge. Funny how those things you read as a child become so important! Joan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Charlotte's Web has been a favourite with my granddaughters. It seems to be as popular now as ever.


    ReplyDelete