Wednesday, July 17, 2013

We beat the birds....

....to these....
So....we had to bake one of these.....

A Blackberry Pie!

If there are those of you who want to know the recipe for this pie, just let me know, and I will post it another day.  I may have even posted it before, but cannot be sure.

We have also been enjoying our tomato harvest.

These were the first!

There have been others since these, though none of them have been very large.  It may be due to all the rain we have had, with not enough sun for growth.  I will say this.  We really enjoyed this first flavor on a BLT!:-)

I hope you will have a good Wednesday!

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

11 comments:

  1. Your fresh berries are very tempting and that pie looks delicious. Nothing compare to freshly picked ripe tomatoes. The store bought ones taste like cardboard, not that I've tasted cardboard but that's what the reminds me of.

    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your produce always looks so healthy, but you are probably right about the abundance of rain and lack of sunshine contributing to the size of some items. Farmers do not have it easy, and we often don't think about all the work and risk involved in producing the things we enjoy so much. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can never save the fresh berries long enough to make a pie. I just eat them out of the box. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nellie, Your little harvest looks great. Those tomatoes are very nice. All I can think of when I see that pie is, a nice slice of it topped with a scoop of ice cream.. Goodness !! xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for you!!!!!

    Your harvest looks super.

    No harvest here, yet. :-)

    But next door, has been harvesting. :-)

    "Auntie"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm...blt's...great idea. i think i will make some bread tomorrow morning and make them for lunch with my lettuce and tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pie looks WONDERFUL! Glad you beat those birds to the pickings! Hope you have a wonderful night- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. MY son in KTown has 2 cherry trees and seldom beats the birds to the cherries.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how I can't wait for summer tomatoes! And that pie looks yummy!

    xo
    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely blog you have here:) Do you have bloglovin to follow with??

    Check out my blog...If you want some cute Swedish decor inspiration:)

    Have a grea weekend dear

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (sweden)

    ReplyDelete