Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A few steps....

Happy Tuesday to you!   Is your week off to a good start?

Several of my recent posts have been about my time at Lake Junaluska last week-end.  Before I left, I had a cooking project in the kitchen.  There are quite a few steps to it, but it is well worth the effort.  I received my inspiration from Munchomom who included the link to the recipe on her blog awhile ago.  It became our "favorite food" for the holiday season.

Won ton wrappers.

Butternut squash filling.

Moisten edges with water.

Fold over, moisten to hold shape.

Ready to add to boiling water.

Cooking process complete.

Brown butter sage sauce on top.

Parmesan cheese adds the finishing touch!

This is from Giada deLaurentis - Butternut Squash Tortelloni.  It is a bit time-consuming to assemble, but the different parts of it can be put together at different times.  Just stay tuned, and I will post the recipe in the next post!

Thank you for reading.  I appreciate your comments!

13 comments:

  1. Oh, my! That really looks scrumptious! I remember when Munchomom posted that recipe. She has become an amazing cook, like her mother! Looking forward to your next post as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really delicious Nellie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good morning nellie! the butternut squash tortelloni looks amazing!! i have some froz squash from summer in the freezer i am going to make this soooo need to stay tuned for the REST OF THE RECIPE!
    cold again today so will be a stay home and work day so off to start the work day!! enjoy your day nellie!! stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious, Nellie. I'm anxious to hear about the Brown Butter Sage sauce... Looks like it has raisins in it...

    Hope you stay warm today. It was 11 on our deck this morning early... BRRRRR.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness, how yummy! I always wondered how you did wrappers like that. Thanks for the pictures, I think I will try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful. I bet it tastes as yummy as it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks good. You must be a very creative cook. Hope you are enjoying today. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that looks delicious. I will have to give it a try sometime when I am feeling ambitious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look fabulous. I'd eat the whole lot. My project for today was paleo pancakes with applesauce. Perfect for a cold night's dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that looks amazing! I will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete