Friday, January 4, 2013

Reading in 2013....

Happy Friday!  Are you glad to see the week-end coming?  Do you have some exciting plans?

I have mentioned earlier that I will be serving our Conference UMW this year as Secretary of Program Resources, a responsibility that is centered on the books that are listed on the Reading Program for the year.  Of course it will be good for me to read some of those books!:-)

A Christmas present!

It was exciting to open this present at Christmas!  This is one of the books on this year's reading list.  You may be familiar with Debbie Macomber, especially if you have seen any of the Mrs. Miracle movies  on television.  There is other fiction she has written as well, but she also writes non-fiction.  In this book, she shares her own personal thoughts on how spiritual generosity can bring unforeseen miracles - both small and large - to those who receive and to those who give.  This will be the first book I read for the New Year!  Under the watchful eye of the snowman, I will be sure to work my way through other books on the reading list!:-)  I will be keeping you posted on my reading progress.

There are some new followers that I want to welcome!  Thank you to all of you who are reading.  I really appreciate your comments.


14 comments:

  1. I work 24 year with a school system before retiring....this year i did my tree with "school gift" ornaments only...large collection...!!

    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. nellie, I like those stories by Debbie M. We all need spirital guidance. If we could all just remember the golden rule...nice. xo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read her but am anxious to hear your review. It sure sounds like a good book. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I left a comment, but got an "error 303" message! If you get this twice, feel free to delete one! I have not read any of these books, but this title sounds most interesting to me. You are already a most generous soul, so I can't imagine that you would have anything to "learn" from this one, but perhaps you might be able to write your own book some day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love her books. I think I have read almost all of them. I am on her mailing list and twice a year I get a newsletter and a beautiful bookmark from her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to read and have read a few of her books. I'm a mostly fiction person myself! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neat job... Glad they still have that position in District and Conference. My job on district was Personhood for awhile. I ended up being District Treasurer... Loved my UMW work in the Methodist Church..

    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray for reading!

    Reading rocks!!!!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this author too!! haven't read this one though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've read a couple of her books, back when I used to read books. Best I recall, I liked her and of course I've seen the Mrs. Miracle movies. It's nice to have movies you can watch with the kids and not have to make them leave the room.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have read Debbie Macomber but not that one. I have seen another book review about it and that person really enjoyed it too. I will track it down. Yes, I look forward to seeing any kind of book list you want to share. I love finding out about new books that maybe I haven't read or heard about.
    Thanks for sharing about this one today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like her books, too, Nellie. I am babysitting tonight so my dil an son could go out for her birthday- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like her books about the knitting club. She puts a knitting pattern in the book.
    I just read her book about picking a word for the year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to read this book and her "One Simple Word" book. I am going to put them both on my list for the coming year! Thanksk for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete